Avanquest is among the largest consumer software companies in the world—with more software titles on retail store shelves than any other company in North America. We have a commanding lead in the home graphics category with titles such as Hallmark Card Studio, Photo Explosion and Print Artist. Our Web-to-print business gives consumers the opportunity to design custom invitations and announcements online to be professionally printed.
The mission of our Web-to-print Services business is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements and home décor products in North America, providing consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events.
Our purpose is quite simple: We deliver smiles.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an independent, detail oriented, creative, intelligent and enthusiastic candidate who is driven to exceed customers’ expectations at every turn and is singularly devoted to their total satisfaction. The person we hire will be an outstanding advocate for the Avanquest Web-to-print business and will be dedicated to our purpose—delivering smiles. The successful candidate will present a portfolio of designs specific to the greeting card, stationery and gift market and will have proven design skills. Must also possess advanced digital production skills to succeed in a fast-paced deadline sensitive environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who is starting out in their design career who wants to learn a lot and let their design skills shine.
• Creating designs for paper and gift products as well as marketing materials and web graphics.
• Digital production duties in building digital files that flow seamlessly through our pre-press and personalization areas.
• Providing “inspiration boards” for future projects.
• Revising and prepping all content for websites
• Meet deadlines while creating unique designs and quality digital files.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as needed by the department.
• BFA preferred
• Must have excellent skills related to design, composition, color and typography.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experience with InDesign a plus
• Advanced digital production skills.
• Thorough knowledge of all facets of commercial printing, graphic reproduction and production techniques used in preparation of digital art.
• A love of design trends, stationery and personalized products a must!
• Strict attention to detail and awareness of quality standards.
• Must be team-oriented and flexible.
• An ability to meet deadlines and industry quality standards and an ability to react to high volume, fast paced and short turn-around time
• An ability to deal with change in an effective manner
• Must be a self-motivator, possessing the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
You must submit your portfolio as a PDF (links to resumes/portfolios/websites will not be considered) and please include your salary expectations and/or history. Be sure to let us know why you think you'd be a good fit for this role. Trust us - this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves to learn and grow in their career. There is no relocation assistance available for this position, so local candidates only. Also, the subject line of your email submission, must read in this format, "Graphic Design Resume/Portfolio from [Name]"
How To Apply