Toys Senior Designer
Two Great Brands, Twice the Rewards.
We are seeking Senior Designer to join our Product Design team based in our Retail Support Centre in Watford.
Your job purpose will be to design creative products from brief to manufacture within timescales to enhance and grow the company's brand image and its profitability.
• To brainstorm new product ideas and to visually communicate them to the wider product team
• To produce designs that are commercially viable in response to the product brief
• To ensure all designs are delivered within the allotted timescales
• To monitor and evaluate sources of inspiration and trends within the wider toy and general design industries
• To attend toy fairs and trade shows when required
• Take designs from initial brief to model making handover stage
• Work closely with other departments to ensure design concepts are feasible in the consideration of safety requirements, supplier’s ability and capability.
• To prepare for and respond to internal project reviews
• To maintain a good working knowledge of the relevant design software
• To maintain a good working knowledge of manufacturing processes
• To effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
You will have a strong background within professional design and will ideally have a design qualification and have a good knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator. You will also have a good sketching ability and have experience of designing children's products/toys.
If you are looking for a career in Head Office, you will find an environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
To apply please click Apply Now
Mothercare; to be the World's most caring retailer.
Closing date: Tuesday, February 11, 2014
How To Apply