Junior Architectural Surfaces Designer
Forms+Surfaces is a leading designer and manufacturer of architectural products used to enhance life in public space—indoors, outdoors, and everywhere in between.
Our Design+Development team consists of Industrial Designers, Textile Designers, Engineers and a skilled Prototype Team who are fueled by a love for problem solving and driven by collaboration. At F+S we design and manufacture all of our products from the ground up with an emphasis on innovation and sustainability while priding ourselves on the investigation and execution of products and concepts that no one else brings to market.
Currently we are seeking a new member to join our Carpinteria, CA office to assist with the design and development of the Architectural Surfaces division. This person will aid our surfaces program development with the ideation and execution of patterns, both 3D, 2D, large scale and small scale, across all surface categories including, but not limited to: Architectural Glass, Wood, Metal and Composites. Within this role a strong understanding of basic photography skills and conceptual abilities is preferred as it plays a large part in our surface concept generation and product development.
Our ideal candidate enjoys being challenged, has the ability to come up with creative solutions, is great at multitasking and has a passion for design in all forms. We want someone who is comfortable working with unexpected materials and processes, and ultimately has a serious passion for design. This position offers many opportunities for personal growth. Not only will you be involved in the design of current products, but also exposed to the manufacturing, marketing and research of new products.
Portfolios are a necessity for candidate’s consideration. Great emphasis is placed on simplicity in presentation and clear and concise project development paired with excellent support imagery.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A portfolio that shows diversity, attention to detail and innovation
• Examples of photography work demonstrating basic skills and conceptual abilities as well as proficiency with image manipulation, color-correction
• Strong proficiency in Adobe Suite (emphasis on PS and IL)
• Four year BA/BS, preferably in one of the following concentrations: Graphic Design, Textile Design or Industrial Design
• A positive attitude with an emphasis on self-motivation and personal growth
• Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workload as needed
• Insistence on high quality work with great focus on detail
• Experience in Solidworks or other 3-D software is desired, but not critical
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.