Senior Packaging Designer
Here is your opportunity to join the design team responsible for creating product and packaging for Yankee Candle, America’s Best Loved Candle Brand! If you are a creative, self-directed individual ready to become part of a dynamic organization where your thoughts and design ideas will be acknowledged and live in a worldwide brand, then our in-house marketing team is the place for you. Working with the general direction of the VP of Fragrance, Trend and Design Development, this position involves producing an interesting variety of packaging, label design graphics, and candle and non-candle product concepts. You will be responsible for initial design explorations, concept refinement, renderings, and final production files.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of design projects, including large scale initiatives, as well as multiple deadline-driven and budget-sensitive projects. As part of the design process, you’ll be expected to reference the competitive marketplace and demonstrate your understanding by creating concept boards and applying that knowledge in your design development. The successful candidate will bring experience in integrating color theory, typography and print process expertise, to meet internal and external customer needs, and should be confident in presenting designs and product concepts in a concise and professional manner.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Directing photography and/or illustrations to translate and communicate desired concepts and visions to final design;
· Preparing accurate and timely vendor-ready files for production and sample development;
· Working with print production and comp houses to make necessary color corrections;
· Assisting in directing freelancers and in-house designers as needed;
· Research materials, processes and software solutions to enhance brand presentation while balancing budgetary constraints
· Meeting established consumer and channel needs, product sales targets and overall company strategy objectives.
This position has the responsibility of maintaining complete discretion and confidentiality of all product launches and Company information. Responsibilities also include the accuracy of vendor files, effective renderings and designs, meeting multiple concurrent deadlines, and building/maintaining successful relationships with internal and external customers.
· Bachelors Degree in Design or related field.
· 5 - 7 years of product design and packaging experience
· Thorough understanding of pre-press and on-press production processes
· Demonstrated excellence in design, creative thought, problem solving and the creative ability to imagine and demonstrate ideas.
· Superior skills in Mac functions, Illustrator, PhotoShop and Acrobat software programs (CS5 or higher).
· Some experience with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Solid planning & organizational skills, including a pro-active ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Superb communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade with diplomacy and tact.
· Experience with 3d rendering a plus.
Flexibility in work schedule is also required; this may include possible extended hours with minimal notice to meet project expectations.
About Jarden Corporation:
Jarden Corporation is a leading provider of a diverse range of consumer products with a portfolio of over 120 trusted, quality brands sold globally. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, Aero®, Berkley®, Campingaz® and Coleman®, ExOfficio®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Invicta®, K2®, Marker®, Marmot®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Rawlings®, Shakespeare®, Stearns®, Stren®, Trilene®, Volkl® and Zoot®; Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Breville®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain®; and Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bernardin®, Bicycle®, Billy Boy®, Crawford®, Diamond®, Dicon®, Fiona®, First Alert®, First Essentials®, Hoyle®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Lifoam®, Lillo®, Loew Cornell®, Mapa®, NUK®, Pine Mountain®, Quickie®, Spontex® and Tigex®. Headquartered in Rye, N.Y., Jarden ranks #383 on the Fortune 500 and has over 25,000 employees worldwide. For further information about Jarden, please visit www.jarden.com.
Apply by email – email@example.com
This position is subject to a criminal background check and potentially and an education verification as part of the application
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law. EOE/M/F/D/V
How To Apply