Associate Design Lead
As a Yahoo Design Associate, you will be part of a breakthrough initiative that is transforming Yahoo. You will join a group of exceptional designers working on key strategic projects, and you will have the opportunity to create compelling and beautiful user experiences on television, desktop, and mobile devices. You will acquire a rich multidisciplinary perspective on how we create great products by working with top product managers, engineers, and thought leaders across the company. Moreover, you will be part of a small and highly selective class of Design Associates who challenge, inspire, and support you. Additionally, you will also interact with other highly talented Associates in product management and engineering, and have the chance to put your own creative stamp on delightful and elegant design solutions that touch hundreds of millions of users.
Ask yourself: Do you want a job, or do you want to have the time of your life?
· Create design solutions for a priority Yahoo product
· Play a critical design role from the very front end of product development, with your great design defining the real user experience with the product
· Work with multidisciplinary teams on design concept ideation and development
· Employ a user-centered design process to create beautiful design solutions
· Iterate your product using real user data from hundreds of thousands of people
· Collaborate with other design and product management associated to present ideas to leaders
· Deep understanding and application of user-centered design principles
· Personal portfolio of exceptional quality as demonstrated by academic achievements
· Demonstrated ability to execute – with a balance of innovative thinking and attention to detail, e.g., building prototypes
· Recognition and awards from national and international contests or academic forums
· Rich academic experience as reflected by quality of academic portfolio, recommendation by faculty and grades (GPA of 3.5 preferred; minimum 3.3)
· Entrepreneurial skills – evidenced by the conceptualization and creation of products such as personal Web sites, and/or a strong presence in social media
· Multidisciplinary skills: demonstrated ability to work across teams by using strong project planning, communication, and strategic thinking skills
· Agility and resourcefulness – demonstrated capacity to thrive in a fast-changing environment by being scrappy, intelligent, and tenacious
· Front-end coding skills using basic tools CSS, HTML5, Xcode, Command Line, Git
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/1jr1U8f
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.