Break Media and Alloy Digital recently merged to form DEFY Media, creating a powerful digital-centric media company focused on content creation and delivery to the key 12-34 demographic.
Defy Media unites Break Media's #1 ranked male-targeted network with Alloy Digital's top ranking media brands and video networks, solidifying a commanding marketplace position with capabilities in content development, in-house production, multi-screen distribution, talent management, brand partnerships and promotion. Both companies have achieved a rapid pace of growth in recent years, building award-winning digital consumer brands and expanding into new revenue streams including merchandising, music, mobile apps, video-on-demand and feature-length content.
If you’re the kind of person that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, yet collaborative environment, please apply now. We would love to see you make an impact on Defy Media’s future!
Defy Media is looking for an exceptional Designer with fantastic brand and illustration skills to join our internal design team. Oh, you’re a motion designer too? Big, big plus! If you’ve got the design chops and a sincere passion for great creative, please keep reading.
You will work together with the creative team building brands, logos, illustrations, icons, collateral, infographics, and UI for a wide variety of the leading digital brands for 12-34 year olds, adding to our 30+ web properties, 100+ shows, mobile apps, campaigns, presentations, and social applications. You must be able to take direction and criticism from the creative director and internal clients seamlessly, and incorporate feedback to make your designs better.
To be successful here, you need the initiative and persistence to improve your concepts and final product. Your production skills (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) are supremely important, as is being able to deliver high-quality design against deadlines.
We are one of the quickest growing digital media companies, and the projects you manage will be seen by millions every month. We move fast and quick, and need someone who’s ready to hit the ground running, and able to instantly make an impact. This position is full-time in our Los Angeles office, and is available immediately.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- 2+ years design experience
- Top-notch, industry-leading design skills (Photoshop and Illustrator are absolutes) - must also be aware of new trends in the design industry.
- Experience with After Effects, 3D, Flash, and/or video editing a plus
- Experience with mobile apps (iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, or WebOS) a plus
- Must be well organized
- Absolutely necessary to be able to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to deliver quality final products under deadline pressures
- Stellar interpersonal skills are a must - being a natural “people person” - as position will require constant collaboration across entire organization
- Experience working with high profile brands and/or on a high-traffic website is a major plus
Please provide the following to be considered:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Resume (or your LinkedIn profile, which is preferable)
Defy Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply