Break Media and Alloy Digital recently merged to form DEFY Media, creating a powerful digital-centric media company focused on content creation and delivery to the key 12-34 demographic.
Defy Media unites Break Media's #1 ranked male-targeted network with Alloy Digital's top ranking media brands and video networks, solidifying a commanding marketplace position with capabilities in content development, in-house production, multi-screen distribution, talent management, brand partnerships and promotion. Both companies have achieved a rapid pace of growth in recent years, building award-winning digital consumer brands and expanding into new revenue streams including merchandising, music, mobile apps, video-on-demand and feature-length content.
If you’re the kind of person that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, yet collaborative environment, please apply now. We would love to see you make an impact on Defy Media’s future!
Defy Media is currently searching for the first Design Producer to join our LA team. Whether your past is as a project manager, product manager, graphic designer; it’s your passion for all things digital design that’ll make you a great fit.
You don’t need to be able to code HTML5+CSS3 responsive sites, nor do you need the skills to throw down in Photoshop. What we really care about is finding someone that has meticulous attention to details, communicates clearly and evenly, and is wildly organized. You can wax poetic about the merits and pitfalls of various GTD strategies.
You will work together with the creative team to prioritize design work for a wide variety of the leading digital brands for 12-34 year olds. You’ll help traffic and plan projects for our 30+ web properties, 100+ shows, mobile apps, campaigns, presentations, and social applications. You are a designer’s best friend, but also know how to crack the whip when things just need to get done.
You will work closely with the creative director and internal clients seamlessly, helping estimate, schedule, and oversee the production of all design projects for the creative services team.
We are one of the quickest growing digital media companies, and the projects you manage will be seen by millions every month. We move fast and quick, and need someone who’s ready to hit the ground running, and able to instantly make an impact. This position is full-time in our Los Angeles office, and is available immediately.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- 2+ years project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills: you need to be able to lead presentations, moderate feedback/concept sessions, and write clear project plans
- You must have a demonstrated history of keeping projects on time and on budget
- Experience working in the digital space as a producer or project manager is essential
- Must be well organized, and bring your own tips and tricks for optimizing personal and team productivity
- Absolutely necessary to be able to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to deliver quality final products under deadline pressures
- Experience with tracking and project management software like Confluence, JIRA, and Basecamp
- Stellar interpersonal skills are a must - being a natural “people person” - as position will require constant collaboration across entire organization
- Experience working with high profile brands and/or on a high-traffic website is a major plus
- Knowledge of/with Adobe CS products and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Experience at startups and/or digital agencies are a huge bonus
Please provide the following to be considered:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Resume (or your LinkedIn profile, which is preferable)
Defy Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply