Structural Packaging Engineer/Designer
We are Pacific Market International (PMI) – recognized as one of the Best Places To Work in Seattle by Seattle Met Magazine and as a Great Place to Work by Outdoor Magazine!
Thanks for checking out our Packaging Engineer /Designer role. This is a 11-month contract to start – With the potential to extend depending on our project loads.
At PMI, your role would be designing innovative packaging structure for point of sale and displays, including gift sets. PMI seeks to revolutionize portable food and beverage containers, in a socially conscious and sustainable way, and our packaging needs to reflect this commitment!
You would be responsible for the full range – including die-line creation, 3D renderings, specification, prototyping, brief release and primary and secondary packaging for retail and sales presentations. You would operate independently, and yet be surrounded by professionals for inspiration and support when you need it. You would design materials that are on-strategy for our products, guided by our Product Managers. Our main brands, Aladdin and Stanley have over a 100-year history, and you can influence their future look!
PMI is a fast-paced environment that works creatively and collaboratively. Not only are we privately owned and high energy, but we operate internationally and are growing fast. We strongly encourage you to read more about the company – it is an amazing and fun place to work! (http://www.pmi-worldwide.com). What do we do? We are committed to providing consumers with simple, stylish portable food and beverage containers that are built with a focus on community and sustainability. Here is where you can read more about the awards we’ve won recently:
Seattle Met Magazine -
Outside Magazine -
We care about our people and recognize their efforts through three annual awards (President’s Award, Entrepreneur of the Year, and Best Team), a quarterly “Thumbs-Up” award and a monthly “Bell-Ringing” at our staff meetings.
We also care about our local and global community and show it in the following ways:
• All employees are given one paid day per year to volunteer at the organization of their choosing.
• PMI annually gives the greater of 1% or $50,000 of net profits to nonprofit organizations that align with our philanthropic pillars: children, education and the environment.
• For our Quarterly Grassroots Philanthropy Award we donate to a nonprofit organization nominated and selected by employees.
• We encourage environmental responsibility by subsidizing the cost of public transportation for our employees and providing recycling/composting services within the office.
Where are we? Downtown Seattle, with beautiful views of Elliott Bay from our office windows. We recently built a beautiful outdoor patio that is a great spot to enjoy lunch or have an outdoor meeting – how great is that?
• Support a variety of packaging design challenges spanning international boundaries that will allow you to expand your experience and skill set
• Work with Quality Assurance and support Operations throughout the package sampling, transit testing, and manufacturing processes
• Be able to voice your ideas and be empowered make those ideas a reality
• Have a large impact on the successful operations of the business
• Participate in a profit sharing program which rewards your talent for building sales through smart packaging
• Work with an outstanding group of creative designers and engineering professionals
• Report directly to the Director of Product Development & Design
Full Job Description: pmi-worldwide.com
Begin that success story today. Please apply by contacting PMI at: Packaging.Engineer@pmi-worldwide.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.