Wearables UX Designer
The User Experience team in Intel's New Devices Group is seeking an experienced UX Designer with strong interaction design abilities and experience with physical interactions to join a team creating new experiences with new devices.
We are looking for individuals who can work both at the conceptual as well as the implementation level, and who are able to work with a small and multi-disciplinary team. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the research phase, prototyping and final production design. You will be responsible for delivering UX concepts, interaction flows, visual designs, and design requirements.
We are a team that believes we achieve our best results when we work together, so candidates must be willing to relocate to Portland, Oregon, San Francisco or Santa Clara, California for this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing/visualizing product concepts, interaction schemes, and user experiences, utilizing use cases, wireframes, storyboards, scenarios, etc.
- Working with development teams to bring concepts through to the market
- Developing strategies for communication of project results to internal and external stakeholders; presenting design concepts to audiences with a wide variety of backgrounds
- Create detailed style guidelines and visual asset specifications.
- BA in design
- 6+ years of hands-on interaction design experience across a number of platforms
- Portfolio demonstrating experience in interaction design, visual design, and a thorough understanding of good design process
- Proficient in Adobe CS and other relevant software packages.
- Familiarity with software development in an agile environment.
- Experience with hardware/software interaction for wearable devices
- Understanding of a variety of software development lifecycles.
- Good presentation & influence skills
- Have actually launched a product/experience (not just a dribble junky)
- Rapid Prototyping skills - no tool specific, just proof that you can create
- Has a personal design style and a point of view, but is good at designing for project/persona/brand that is needed.
- Corporate experience in addition to experience in an agency environment.
Find the job description (725714) at jobs.intel.com
The New Devices Group is charged with developing products and technologies that will enhance and extend Intel’s product portfolio into new areas of computing, including wearable technology. The organization is responsible for rapidly turning brilliant technical and business model innovations into products that shape and lead markets.
Intel does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance. More info at WWW.INTEL.COM/JOBS.
How To Apply