Sr. Interaction Designer, BitTorrent Sync
BitTorrent is the world’s largest peer-based technology company. We’ve created a globally recognized ecosystem of technology protocols, consumer software, and electronics devices that help people find, share and move digital media. Our technologies are used by hundreds of millions of people around the world and drive between 20% and 40% of global Internet traffic.
We are a profitable, multi-national company that is backed by some of the world's leading investors, including Accel Partners (Facebook, Groupon, Dropbox, AdMob, etc.) and DCM (About.com, Foundry Networks, Sling Media, Clearwire, etc). Our company is led by a team of proven entrepreneurs that have generated billions of dollars in shareholder returns. We're looking for talented and motivated people to join our rapidly growing team.
BitTorrent offers a unique and compelling work environment. We are proponents of the open Internet and we serve one of the largest user demographics in history. We take these responsibilities seriously and hire accordingly. We work with only the brightest engineers and the most talented business people we can find. Everyone on our team is here to do meaningful work with broad reaching impact. We have a fun yet challenging work environment that fosters diversity, creativity and teamwork. Our team members receive industry leading salaries, stock options, premium benefits, and state-of-the-art offices in San Francisco’s SOMA district.
The Sr. Interaction Designer will lead critical UX/UI projects focused on how people interact with content in desktop, mobile, and consumer electronics environments. Partnering with product management, engineering and marketing, you will play a major role in every phase of the product lifecycle, from ideation through delivery of great end user experiences.
The Sr. Interaction Designer for BitTorrent Sync will be integral in shaping the product vision and future of this new and exciting product. You’ll work daily with Sync Product Management and User Experience team members in our San Francisco office and the remote Sync Product Development team located in Minsk, Belarus.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborating closely with researchers, engineers, and product managers to design and implement product solutions
• Managing the design/UX phase of the product development process, ensuring that the end user is always in focus and that usability and good design are top priorities
• Working closely with marketing and branding teams to ensure we are executing design in a manner that is consistent with brand vision
• Managing your own workflow, documentation, and deadlines on multiple projects
• Being extremely attentive to detail, architectural on approach to design, and a driving force in UI quality standards with modular, reusable solutions
Preferred Experience -
Ideal candidates will posses a strong combination of the following experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, or related field
• Deep understanding of user-centered design processes and best practices
• 5+ years in a UX role; with experience designing for a wide range of platforms
• Prior experience in branding, visual communication design, marketing, and advertising a plus
• Expert level experience with Adobe suite of design software
• Experience creating working prototypes
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.