The Packaging Manager reports to the Director of Product, and is charged with the overseeing our product packaging process to ensure that workflow is managed, reviews and design standards are met and that all packaging is delivered on time for production.
The Packaging Manager will be responsible to ensure that the various assets required: Copy, Translations, Certifications, Photography, Marketing elements, Design, Product fit, Testing, etc. are all managed from ideation through execution in alignment and aligned with Incase goals in Brand Marketing, Product Experience, and Cost. The Packaging Manager is responsible to provide overall leadership and guidance for the entire packaging development process from product brief through production. This role will also be the key point of contact with our packaging vendors, responsible to manage the distribution of projects to the various vendors. As a member of the product team, this role will work closely with the other members of the Product and Brand Marketing teams to stay up to date with current plans for new products in process and anticipate any staffing, vendor or other unique needs related to upcoming projects.
As a standard process, the Packaging Manager is responsible for creating and managing key tools including; workload planning, product in process prioritization and delivery schedules, and product pricing reference documents that serve as reference elements companywide. It is critical that the Packaging Manager maintains these reference documents in an organized and accurate manner, with any updates being communicated to other affected teams in as close to real time as possible. The Packaging Manager will collaborate with Brand Marketing on packaging production, art and related assets. When necessary, this role will need to be on call after standard working hours in order to ensure that all team members are working with up to date and accurate information in the USA as well as on the ground in Asia.
Specifically the Packaging Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Provide overall leadership to manage packaging from idea to production, specifically to oversee that all elements are tracking to schedule.
• Manage packaging production, including creating packaging mock-ups for sales meetings, update mechanicals and manage internal sign off process.
• Be the primary liaison between the Packaging Team and other groups for both assets needed to complete packaging and sign-off from various leads required for packaging approval.
• Managing the internal flow of communication between the Product Team and other team members in the US and China offices as it relates to their categories.
• Managing the yearly packaging budget for services and/or incidentals needed to complete projects.
• Driving and evolving a process for packaging that bring innovative products to market as efficiently as possible.
• Helping to manage packaging costs to meet objectives set within each product.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with Print layout and production is required. Ideally specific to product packaging.
• Management experience is preferred, including some experience leading teams or managing direct reports.
• Prior experience in a setting with relatively short product development timelines, and multiple projects is ideal.
• Good communication skills and the ability to build consensus and drive decisions.
• Must be a critical thinker and reliable decision-maker, with strong attention to detail and an appetite for success.
• A leader who truly is committed to a process that honors both creativity and business accountability.
• Must be very organized and have exemplary time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workload needed.
• Must have a dynamic understanding of design and development processes, from concept to production.
• Broad knowledge of materials, material applications, manufacturing methods, and technology is preferred.
• Solid understanding of packaging marking requirements, environmental regulations, and durability standards, and basic production processes preferred.
• Experience working with Asian suppliers and strong negotiation skills are required.
• A person who truly enjoys shepherding the development process and believes in working hard while having fun.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.