Senior UX Designer, Digital Car Experience Design
Want to shape the future of Mercedes-Benz cars?
The Advanced User Experience Design studio in Silicon Valley, the newest in the global Mercedes-Benz design community, is responsible for defining, designing, and bringing to life the future brand experience of Mercedes-Benz cars and connected devices. Our work influences the form, function, and emotion our customers experience through the digital interfaces of our cars. Today these include the instrument cluster, head unit, and the apps on the connected mobile device, and much more in the future.
We are looking for a highly creative, visionary, and passionate Senior UX Designer who wants to design experiences that are built to stand the test of time.
The essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Create new visionary concepts that explore key areas of the Mercedes-Benz user journey with a primary focus on the in-car experience
- Drive the process of turning ideas and visions into visually aesthetic, interactive prototypes and digital interfaces using the iterative design and development process
- Use your creative talent to contribute to a variety of design challenges, including user interface design screens, animations, digital prototypes, 3D visualizations, etc.
- Partner with the team for creative collaboration on projects and provide general team support
The ideal candidate would need the following skills and abilities:
- Creative, visionary mind with passion for design and the digital evolution of automobiles
- Skilled in turning concepts and ideas into holistic user experiences, including interactions and visualizations
- Systems thinker with a strong foundation in design processes, user interface and interaction design, and applicable tools for creating 2D, 3D UI, motion and prototypes
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Intellectual curiosity about social, cultural, and technological developments
- Well-developed sense of aesthetics and usability; innovative problem solving and design excellence
- Portfolio required
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Minimum Master's Degree in Interaction Design, Information Design, Visual Communication, Digital Media Design or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Solid project coordination and leadership skills
- 3D skill is a plus
- UX/UI Design experience outside of web and mobile is preferred
How To Apply