We are currently looking for an entry-level Industrial Designer to work in our award-winning design and development studio in the heart of Manhattan. Your position involves a broad range of responsibilities that will support our creative team and its critical role in a design oriented manufacturer.
You will work with our design team to execute brand and retailer specific concepts, strategies and visions. Typical projects include counter top displays, in-case displays, floor fixtures, and end-caps for a broad assortment of cosmetic, fragrance, fashion, and hair-care brands in both the prestige and mass retail channels. As well as display projects, we are very involved in branding and package development for evolving and established brands.
We have a fast paced and dynamic studio and you will learn quickly from the best in the industry. You will be exposed to every aspect of product development from briefing to production with the end-goal of taking a project through the process to production.
• Assist design team in conceptualization and design of displays, fixtures, environments, branding, and packaging.
• Create mood and vision boards
• Research brands and trends on a project basis
• Prepare design control drawings for development team
• Collaborate with engineering and production teams to design and develop projects and take them to manufacturing
• Preparation of art mechanicals for production
• Work effectively and efficiently to best utilize team resources within given deadlines
• Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to visually and verbally communicate through sketches, renderings and presentations
• Good sense and knowledge of the current design market as well as lifestyle brands, and you have a genuine interest in fashion, art and culture
• Strong foundation knowledge of materials, finishes, and manufacturing processes and the passion to learn more
• Cooperative, hard-working, open-minded, and positive outlook
• B.A. Degree in Industrial Design
• Proficient in 2D/3D computer software programs (e.g. Graphite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Rhino/Solidworks)
• Well organized with a high attention to detail
• Able to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
• 0-3 years of Industrial Design experience
Please send a cover letter and a PDF sample of your work to Eric Williams
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.