As an Account Director at SET, you’ll manage and foster deep relationships with our clients by developing and showcasing proactive strategies that support their brand missions and goals. This client-facing role is the gatekeeper for communications to and from the client and thus has ultimate responsibility for delivering projects that are on brand, within budget and exceeding expectations.
This role has three critical success factors:
• Consultative Collaboration – Account Director must be able to engage in strategic discussions with clients regarding their business needs and SET’s ability to deliver solutions to address those needs. Must also ensure that SET’s deliverables meet client’s needs.
• Operation/Organization Efficiency – Account Director has the ultimate responsibility to ensure that project execution occurs on time and within budget.
• Sales Acumen – Account Directors are responsible for growing SET’s business within the assigned account base. This includes increased business to existing client contacts and developing and nurturing new client contacts.
• Uncover/Understand client objectives, challenges and needs by performing regular client needs assessments
• Identify new client opportunities that solve client problems and advance their business
• Consult with clients on options/alternatives for addressing business needs
• Review all SET deliverables to ensure they are on brand, within budget and meet needs
• Operation/Organization Efficiency
• Lead development of client scope of work
• Organize and lead external and internal briefing sessions to ensure account team members (creative and execution) are clear on objectives, roles, and deliverables
• Organize and lead internal meetings as necessary to ensure account team members are on track to deliver on brand, on time and on budget
• Establish and maintain a management framework that allows for visibility into account team performance on client projects
• Review all project pricing (budget estimates & final pricing) before presentation to client. As needed, reformat pricing information before client presentation
• When required, prepare proposals for new projects. Based on relationship with client, this may requiring preparing formal service agreement and scope of work
• Manage client expectations throughout project development and execution process. This involves but is not limited to thoughtful and timely communication of deviations from cost estimates, situations impacting ability to meet client timelines and other situations that may arise during process
• Hold debrief sessions with account team to celebrate successes and to identify opportunities for process improvement
• Communicate project successes to entire SET organization.
• Develop quarterly and long range sales strategy plan for assigned client base including revenue forecasts for clients. Ensure creative and execution leadership is aware of any significant changes in clients resources needs (e.g. large upcoming projects) to ensure proper resource planning
• Support pitch teams in winning/transitioning new clients.
• Develop and execute a strategy to nurture relationships at the highest levels within assigned client base. This will involve nurturing relationship with assigned contacts and expanding contact network within client base.
• Ensure database is up-to-date with all account/contact information to ensure effective email marketing campaigns
• Lead complete pitch presentation in informal sales situations within client base. Account Director must be able to effectively articulate SET’s value proposition in a way that is relevant to client/contact’s needs
Educational and Professional Requirements:
• Minimum educational requirements include a Bachelor¹s degree in a related field
• 5-8 years of professional account or program management experience, with progressive responsibilities in managing the client relationship
• Familiar with Mac computers
• Proficient in Microsoft office, specifically with Excel
• Proficient in salesforce.com or equivalent CRM database
• Preference given to candidates with both agency and retail brand experience, ideally in the creative or visual presentation area.
Employee must be able to thrive in high-pressure environments due to a high volume of work, tight timelines, and our dedication to flawless execution and insane service. Candidates must be able to work on projects in a team environment and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and clients. Extensive travel should be expected.
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration you must submit your resume detailing the skills and requirements listed above and a cover letter stating:
• Why you?
• Why SET?
• Salary requirement
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.