Designer II - Domestic
New Balance has a history of 100 years of enduring performance and is still running strong today. Part of what makes New Balance so unique is our commitment to making products that not only provide performance, but also superior fit and comfort. The same attention that is placed on our athletic shoes and apparel is also placed on our associates. New Balance thrives because of the passion and dedication of the people we hire. We rely on our associates to match our enthusiasm for the business and to help drive consumers to move further, faster and more frequently. We seek associates who are always on the move. Associates who push themselves forward and are motivated to move New Balance forward. Ask yourself: Are you ready to move the world?
* Are you an experienced Industrial Designer with a passion for footwear?
* Do you have an affinity for working with your hands?
* Do you want to play an instrumental role in building product in the United States?
* Then New Balance has a Design position for you.
As the Designer II for Domestic Manufacturing, you will be responsible for independently designing projects from start to finish for all Made in the USA shoes. You will work closely with the product development and marketing teams while developing concepts for uppers and sole units and providing recommendations on material selection. You will generate multiple design concepts demonstrating creative use of line, form and surface, on-trend color combinations, innovative materials, and new technologies. In this role you will develop technical packages for your design concepts that clearly define the parameters for prototyping - this includes specifying colors, materials and new product technologies. You will create control drawings for sole unit designs, technology or other molded pieces logo details and speedlace or hardware parts. In this role you will travel to retailers and tradeshows to evaluate and analyze market trends, and you will also travel for prototype development purposes.
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design with a minimum of 4 years design experience
* Excellent drawing skills with clear 3D visualization a must
* Follow through on tech packages and attention to detail are imperative.
* High level Illustrator and Photoshop skills are essential.
* Solid Art Production experience required.
* Superior problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Strong, creative and persuasive presentation skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of the shoemaking business and its trends.
Our products are designed to meet the diverse needs of consumers and our benefits are designed to meet the diverse needs of our associates. We have developed a benefits package that is sure to fit your way of life. Our low-cost medical and dental coverage and onsite wellness program will help you lead a healthy lifestyle. We offer a 401k plan with an employer match, making it possible to save for retirement. Many positions offer a flexible work schedule and a 37.5 hour work week. We provide a generous vacation package and even allow paid time off to volunteer in the community. New Balance encourages its employees to take advantage of our tremendous training and development programs, as well as our tuition reimbursement plan. We are a business casual environment where our employees are encouraged to wear NB product which can be purchased with our significant employee discount. Parking is free at all of our facilities.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/3nbbq2p
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.