Sr. Product Usability Designer
As Diebold rapidly advances toward a Technology-led business model, our Global Research & Development organization serves a critical function in our product and service strategies by driving innovation and development for new and next generation solutions within Diebold’s core financial services industry segment. As a member of the Strategic Design team within Global R&D, this Sr. Product Usability Designer will help create the face of Diebold by applying the company’s design strategy and intent to encompass all aspects of our global image in Diebold’s Next Generation Self Service Terminals.
In this role, you will be asked to champion design thinking in all phases of Diebold’s New Product Development processes from concept inception to manufacturing in order to ensure our products remain customer-centric and provide an optimal user experience. You will lead, develop and coordinate new strategic product and GUI design concepts integrating human factors, user research, brand, industry trends, and development processes, into accessible, serviceable and attractive products.
This is a highly visible position, as it will provide project direction and strategic design counsel to industrial designers, key account representatives, product managers, design services, development organizations and end users on a daily basis.You will be involved in GUI development, graphics, layouts and physical design for ATM end-users, service-facing users, mobile applications, and FI internal applications.
Diebold is a leading global supplier of ATMs, and provides professional and managed services, transaction processing, security and more for the largest financial institutions and government markets, with a presence in over 90 countries worldwide. Our Product and Service outsourcing solutions integrate cross-disciplinary functions into comprehensive technology-based solutions spanning hardware and software. In working for a leading global provider of integrated solutions, you will be working with some of the latest emerging technologies and leading talent to develop innovative market-leading products and solutions.
Some essential functions of this position include:
* Lead, create, and develop strategic product design concepts that consider user research and experience, human factors, brand, development methods, cost, ease of use, aesthetics, appropriate interfaces and competitive products
* Facilitate development of designs to communicate complex patterns of information visually
* Create concept sketches, illustrations, models, and other graphic materials as required to
* Product Management, Marketing and Engineering
* Coordinate vendor production of product ideation and models, patterns, and graphic materials.
* Present material to internal audiences
* Act as focal point for development for all GUI efforts
* Manage user experience methodologies, including the creation of user test plans and discussion guides for usability tests that include industry standard best practices
* Coordinate and execute user research using qualitative and quantitative methods as appropriate, including focus groups, usability and concept testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, and human factors analysis
* Analyze and translate research findings into actionable insights, opportunities, and solutions; communicate these insights and recommendations to business and design teams
* Stay informed of new and innovative research tools, continuously focusing on ways to obtain user feedback more efficiently
* Initiate, conceptualize, and/or perform market and competitive research
* Create and execute design requirements of accessibility standards relating to product requirements; Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Canadian Standards Association Group (CSA) European Committee for Standardization (CEN), Australian Bankers Association (ABA) etc
* Be an advocate and evangelist for user experience and inclusive design across the organization
* Internal interface with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Field Sales and other designers on a daily basis
* External interface with sales representatives, design services, and external consultants and suppliers
* Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering or Equivalent
* 5+ years experience in Product Design/User Interface Design or Human Factors/ Usability Engineering; preferably in consumer or high-tech products
* Comprehensive knowledge of human factors and their product applications
* Comprehensive knowledge of information and GUI design
* Extensive experience in product design, user interface design, usability research (moderating usability tests & focus groups)
* Expert understanding of methods for designing easy to use interfaces, including user and task analysis, information architecture, interface design, and usability testing
* Current knowledge of development processes and industry trends
* Ability to present research results and design recommendations in a compelling manner
* Must be a strategic thinker combined with the ability to develop and execute the usability and design strategies to maximize the user experience
* Knowledge of CAD application required. Preferably of PTC applications
* Knowledge of two and three-dimensional design
* Current knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
* Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships within a team environment as well as with internal clients
How To Apply