Senior UX Architect
Who We Are:
Mobiquity is a rapidly scaling, and key, player in a new category: mobile service providers. Forrester thinks this line of business will hit $32 billion by 2018. We conceptualize, design, and deliver end-to-end mobile solutions for Fortune companies, providing a mix of mobile services and products. We do some incredible work – far beyond flinging birds at pigs. The solutions that we’re coming up with are among the most downloaded apps in the world, and are aimed at transforming how people use mobile. From pharma to retail, financial services to biotech, and beyond, we are there.
Led by one of the most successful serial entrepreneurs in the country, with a headquarters just outside of Boston, and offices opening around the globe, Mobiquity offers opportunities to transform both your career, and the world of mobile. We have doubled our staff in the past 12 months, and expect to do the same in 2014. Right now is an amazing time to join us.
Why This Matters:
We are looking for User Experience Architects (UXAs) with exceptional design experience to develop elegant, functional and engaging mobile user experiences. The ideal candidate must have a relevant degree and at least seven years' experience in applying a human-centered design methodology to all phases of the mobile and/or web application design and development process.
The UXAs we hire must be skilled in conducting user research, capturing business goals, information architecture, interaction design, and usability testing; collaborating with visual designers, technical architects, business analysts and application developers and have experience leading and managing engagements, estimating, collaborating on proposals and assisting in the generation of new business opportunities. In this position the UXA will wear many hats and will have the opportunity to work with our rapidly growing team of passionate and talented strategists, designers and developers and gain exposure to a wide range of mobile platforms including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, and Windows Phone etc.
- Produce UX deliverables : wireframes, process flows, copy decks, application maps, user personas, user journeys etc.
- Direct junior designers in the production of UX deliverables.
- Write copy and create content related deliverables, with an eye towards appropriate tone of voice, point of view and consistency of nomenclature.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and conduct stakeholder interviews to elicit business requirements from our clients, addressing product, brand, marketing, content and overall user experience.
- Independently lead collaborative design sessions with the client, interactive designers, technical developers, and project managers to generate superb design work and happy clients.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in support of an Agile development methodology.
- Create deliverables for workshops or presentations as necessary.
- Help champion usability standards and user experience/human-centered design for the most intuitive and delightful application experience.
- Contribute to the strategy and implementation of a human-centric experience design methodology across all our client engagements.
- Contribute to the internal development of UX processes, deliverables and standards.
- Stay abreast of innovations in UX best practices, tools and topics of interest to the UX community and help to infuse them back into the organization.
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work and growth into the next generation of user experience design.
The Skills We’re Looking For:
- At least 7 years of experience commanding user-centered design methodology, at least 3 years of mobile and/or application design experience.
- Strong human factors background, information architecture, human-centered design and user testing including managing UX projects and assigned personnel.
- Proficiency with Omnigraffle, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience designing highly transactional interfaces, preferably for mobile platforms.
- Experience streamlining the production of design deliverables to support an Agile methodology including developing processes, workflows, and templates.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills, ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- A commitment to quality and continuous improvement - including a willingness to question current practice, to be hands-on and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to question assumptions and establish a new normal for Mobile / Web Platform and Tools design.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships.
Recruiting Agencies: While we really do appreciate what you do, and how challenging it can be, don’t do it. Please do not send us unsolicited resumes, either to our employees, job listings, or recruiting team. (We call those “free leads”). Mobiquity is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Mobiquity is an equal opportunity employer. We feel strongly that the best ideas come from all sorts of directions and sources, and cutting ourselves off from anyone due to our own biases is simply bad business, as well as bad citizenship.
How To Apply