Senior Interaction Designer
CK-12 Foundation (www.ck12.org) is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer who is passionate about creating high-quality, educational software products for students and teachers around the world.
As a designer, you will craft engaging experiences with a UX team based in New York City and Palo Alto. You will drive the CK-12 organization towards continued design excellence with a focus on creating captivating visuals and interactions that resonate to our customers.
This is a senior-level position that requires experience and depth in aesthetics and art direction. Our designers are also hands-on producers of their own work in a fast-paced, Agile working environment. Be able to handle the complex interactions and rulesets of application design with confidence.
In addition to your resume, please do provide us with a link to your online portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Candidates for this position can be based in New York City or Palo Alto. You will also need to have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Interaction Designer” in the email title.
- Conceptualize user experiences based on a solid understanding of customer needs.
- Translate conceptual designs into delightful user interfaces.
- Create deliverables such as high-fidelity Photoshop mock-ups, Illustrator output (e.g. icons), prototypes, and any other supporting design assets.
- Develop user-centric workflows that are sticky and easy for our customers to grasp.
- Iterate designs quickly on ideas that are still in the process of being defined.
- Collaborate closely with developers to construct the best user experience with an understanding of any technical constraints.
- Present your work to stakeholders, product owners, and developers in a way that solicits quality feedback and team participation.
- Manage and extract constructive feedback from challenging stakeholders.
- Participate and run ideation sessions to sketch out product feature ideas.
- Work with the UX team to define, hone, and reinforce our style guide and pattern library.
- Leverage analytics and user testing to inform our design work.
- Be an advocate for the student and teacher from their points of views.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in high-traffic business-to-consumer application design
- Expert Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Experience with creating wireframes in OmniGraffle or other diagramming software
- Prototyping in software such as Keynote
- Demonstrate proficiency in experience/information architecture
- Clear, articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration experience with offshore and asynchronous team members
- Design for smartphone and tablet contexts
- Use Responsive Web Design and grid techniques
- Agile and user story experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Update existing HTML and CSS code bases
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.