Senior Brand Development Designer (product design)
Job Title: Senior Brand Development Designer
Purpose of Job: Provide toy/industrial design expertise and strategic planning capabilities to the company’s licensed or unlicensed product lines, product design and creative direction, brand development, direction of packaging and collateral materials, advertisements, merchandising processes and initiatives.
Reports To: Sr. Brand Director
• Lead all aspects of the product commercialization process for assigned Product Lines / Brands, including all PD&D functions; insuring the integrity of product launch milestones; target costs / margin requirements and quality and safety standards, while delivering market-relevant product solutions with a strong price/value perception.
• Conceptualize and direct the design of toy products consistent with the established market positioning and style guides for assigned brands / product lines.
• In collaboration with Brand team, establish and maintain the visual personality and brandprint for all assigned brands / product lines.
• Collaborate with Brand team to conceive and execute against annual Line Plans to strategically manage and profitably grow assigned product lines.
• Manage the flow of information and concept artwork with Hong Kong Office for assigned brands / product lines.
• Recommend and effectuate potential cost-saving strategies and quality queue adjustments throughout the Development cycle to realize identified cost targets and margin expectations for assigned product lines.
• Review and approve all concepts, design samples, FEPs and Tool models with Internal Teams, Licensors and Engineering team in Hong Kong.
• Drive packaging and graphic design direction with Graphic Design team, in collaboration with Sr. Brand Director and Brand Team.
• Manage submission process for product approvals with licensors in a timely and precise manner for assigned product lines.
• Continually assess the merchandise mix and performance of assigned product lines within the context of the annual Line Plan and make revisions / recommendations as warranted.
• Lead strategic touchpoint meetings with Brand Team and/or Licensors driving to schedule adherence and timely decision making.
• Research Market and Industry trends and lead presentations to Brand Team and/or Licensors.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• 4 yr Degree in Design/Industrial Design preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in Product Design and Development
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Illustrator, PhotoShop), Microsoft Office, Mac Platform.
• Highly organized; ability to manage many products/deadlines concurrently.
• Ability to partner and excel in a collaborative environment.
• Experience with managing multiple projects involving external and internal resources
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented, passionate individual
• Ability to work regular full-time hours
• Ability to travel domestically and Internationally.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.