Are you passionate about people and building unique, kick-ass user experiences? Myplanet is looking for a creative thinker who can handle their own conducting research, innovating on our UX process, sketching wireframes, helping teams develop great products and carries post-its and a sharpie wherever they go. It’s a tall order, but if you are up the challenge, then we’re looking for you.
About the Position:
Hey wannabe ethnographers and frantic flow diagrammers! Do you live and breathe design research? Do you relish synthesizing information into meaningful insights? Do you have a personal library of interaction patterns that rivals the library at Alexandria? Do you take mental note every time you encounter an example of poor usability? Oh and did we mention post-its? We are looking for you!
An Interaction Designer is a specialist role at Myplanet. As a specialist, the interaction designer is a resource to all teams, a mentor, and a champion for his/her practice area. This means that not only do you meet with clients, conduct research and design systems and strategy, but you are also a UX consultant to teams, helping them design and develop ideas to satisfy user goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working with the design team to produce stakeholder & user research, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Synthesizing ideas into conceptual models, story maps and user flow diagrams.
- Creating recommendations on success metrics for products and projects.
- Facilitating sketching sessions to develop design ideas into workable archetypes.
- Developing interaction models and information architecture strategies and tactics.
- Producing paper or technical prototypes with wireframes or schematics.
- Working with the client and users to facilitate testing and summarizing recommendations.
- Reviewing implementation with the Creative Rep to ensure quality control of the interaction model and overall user experience .
- Develop processes and provide training for each of these responsibilities to help teams and future hires conduct their own research, interaction design, and testing.
- Thought leadership including regular contribution to the Myplanet blog, and aiding in the evolution and growth of Myplanet’s practice areas. Critical thinking is a must.
Perks & Benefits:
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development and exploring new platforms for digital design (interested in motion? Augmented reality?) Experiment, pursue independent projects, and challenge yourself to become a thought leader in your field while wearing many proverbial hats.
- Enjoying a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits and private US coverage.
- Exploring weekly yoga sessions, standing desks, Awesome Days, and an open-concept social atmosphere.
- You’re rationale-driven but inspired.
- You see your work as an adaptable, elegant solution to a problem (which may change), not a finite art piece. You jump at the opportunity to reconfigure, re-approach, or try completely new ideas. You have method to your madness (and some madness to your method
- You are great at working in teams and equally adept at independent work.
- Your ability to give and take creative direction from team members is strong and you can communicate your design decisions effectively. Your capacity to sustain continuity and see the big picture for an interactive system is unparalleled.
- You always strive to learn about design theory and new techniques.
- Pulling insights from academic HCI research or trying out a new wireframing app inspires experimental fervor. Likewise, you have a voracious appetite for new interactive technologies and an informed opinion on current events in the interactive world.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A strong portfolio demonstrating clear understanding of interaction design principles and process, with examples of work prepared on a commercial or volunteer basis (we’ll want to see more than your hypothetical band website).
- You’re a visual thinker. You display a strong understanding of use of space, text placement, usability and visual flow (our copy should read well and look good!)
- You bring your A-game. You’re detail-oriented, innovative, creative and motivated.
- You’re flexible. You’re able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and deadlines and you’re down with independent and team work.
- You’re a great communicator. You’ll be dealing with clients by phone, by email, and in person. Plus, you have proof of amazing written English.
- You have a technical background. You’re able to draft your copy on a Mac or PC and thrive on staying current with new technologies and trends.
- You get stuff done. We work with great clients, and they demand greatness in return. That means staying on top of projects, client requests, and concerns.
- You are a college or university graduate in a related discipline or equivalent experience
How To Apply