Visual Design Intern
“Few people think about it or are aware of it. But there is nothing made by human beings that does not involve a design decision somewhere.”
― Bill Moggridge
Formlabs is disrupting 3D printing with the Form 1: a high resolution, low-cost printer for professional designers, engineers, and makers.
Formlabs is committed to producing thoughtful and beautiful design across every platform. From day one, you will be involved in every aspect of the design process: from brainstorming the Form 1 user experience to touching up marketing collateral hours before the print deadline. You should have a clear understanding of fundamental design principles and aesthetics, an obsession with the details, and a willingness to jump right in.
The internship is paid and located on-site at Formlabs’ office.
- Support our design and marketing teams with graphic assets in a variety of contexts
- Make sure all graphic resources are clean, organized, and ready to use at any moment
- Projects include redesigning forums, creating marketing literature, and refining our packaging collateral
- Backed by a strong, diverse portfolio that shows you are ready and willing to handle anything we throw at you.
- Able to take broad concepts from initial sketches and mock-ups all the way to final production ready design. Quick and efficient iterations are a must.
- Capable of communicating your conceptual ideas and design decisions verbally and visually to a diverse team.
- Well-versed in CS tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, as well as good ol’ pen and paper sketching.
- Independent and able to self-manage, while simultaneously embracing collaboration with— and feedback from—the rest of our team.
These skills are a bonus:
- Experienced with prepress tools and workflow.
- Photography chops with an eye for lighting, staging and photo retouching.
- Hacking HTML and CSS for web and newsletters.
- Exhibition and instructional design.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.