Senior Graphic Designer
The Senior Graphic Designer works closely with the Director of Marketing in the development of all advertising and marketing collateral, including but not limited to, newspaper and magazine advertising, brochures, posters, direct mail, flyers, banners, signage, logos and web ads. In all functions, the Senior Graphic Designer is expected to contribute a high degree of creativity to the development and production processes. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for maintaining the BSO's brand and standards while creating fresh eye-catching designs in keeping with current trends. The designer also produces and/or oversees several large-scale projects each season including all materials needed to support the annual subscription and single ticket campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Function independently and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment, and handle multiple, concurrent tasks.
• Quickly and creatively assess needs and develop materials as requested by Marketing and other departments including Development, Education, Artistic and Operations.
• Manage all design and production projects from inception through completion.
• Maintain familiarity with all BSO programming to insure accuracy in marketing communications.
• Proficiency with Adobe CS6 in a Mac environment and ensure that the BSO operates at a technical level consistent with industry standards.
• Adhere to, maintain and enhance the organization style guide.
• Oversee print production processes and maintain familiarity with local production resources.
• Create and produce all weekly newspaper ads in support of ongoing concert schedule.
• Supervise and work in tandem with the Graphic Designer and recruit, organize and supervise the activities of design interns in both print and web formats.
• Use knowledge of direct mail processes and postal design requirements to advise and assist the marketing coordinator.
• Extend and support all branding and customization of designs associated with the BSO’s upcoming Centenary Season and Endowment Campaign.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design.
• A minimum of five (5) years increasingly responsible design experience. Specific experience developing print advertisements and brochures.
• Must have or be able to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental structure, polices, and procedures.
• Demonstrated superior organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency with Adobe CS6 or higher and Microsoft Office Suite including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of and ability to oversee print production processes.
• Ability to proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
• Must demonstrate initiative and strong problem resolution, and be able to participate successfully in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment.
• Previous in-house experience a plus.
• Schedule flexibility and willingness to work occasional concert duty.
• A background and/or interest in symphonic music is a plus.
• Competitive salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Health insurance (two options to choose from – PPO or HMO)
• Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, paid entirely by the BSO
• Generous paid time off, including annual, personal and sick leave
• Health Savings Account with Employer contribution under both health insurance plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts, including medical and dependent care
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free and/or discounted tickets to BSO
Submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: marketingjobs@BSOmusic.org, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, 1212 Cathedral Street Baltimore, MD, 21201 No phone calls please.
How To Apply