The TECHNICAL DESIGNER is a key role in the creation and dissemination of technical information and documentation necessary for the timely and quality manufacture of KLIM products. This position is responsible for the development of product, from design to final prototype, which translates the consumer need into a brand aligned product brief that can be commercialized with profit margins which drive P&L goals. Drive lifestyle and functional products to achieve KLIM’s quality standards.
• Produce, manipulate, and modify technical sketches of accessory products using Adobe Illustrator based on input from Sales, Branding and Design/Creative;
• Using input from Sales, Branding and Design/Creative, account requirements, and institutional knowledge create technical packages containing accurate technical sketches, bills of materials, construction, packaging and other technical information to be used by factories in calculating costs for and producing products;
• Together with the Research and Development group review prototype, pre-production, and production samples against technical packages and formulate feedback and constructive criticism together with clear direction that brings about successful completion of projects within given time constraints;
• Collaborate with others in the department to manage workloads to meet deadlines while achieving the highest level of quality and accuracy;
• Support & assist Design in establishing all product specifications required in the Tech Pack;
• Prepares and maintain an accurately updated Specification Info for every product;
• Serves as a proactive conduit between the designer and sourcing throughout the development of a session;
• Accountable for the staying on calendar, implementing process, proto critiques, accuracy of the specification pack and eventually the accuracy of the sales sample and production tech packs;
• Creates documented critiques of each prototype against its agreed product specification, tracking all comments, changes and specifications during the stages of critique;
• Takes a proactive role through entire product design process (research, design concept presentation, illustrations, fit and direction and development of specification pack);
• Constructs and follows-up product briefs and delivers a product that adheres to a specific target FOB;
• Proactively communicates with internal team, contractors, Sourcing team, and material suppliers during the entire development process;
• Responsible for managing material usage and specifications to achieve production efficiencies.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Bachelors Degree in Design or equivalent experience in related area. Pattern-making skills, knowledge of apparel. Strong computer skills. Adobe Illustrator, Excel, Word and Photoshop. Strong ability to adhere to deadlines. Delivers accurate data on-time and in-full. Advanced knowledge of fit/construction and costing. Excellent written and oral communication. Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite. Advanced product knowledge and knowledge of global markets and competitors
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.