Contract Project Designer
AvroKO is an award-winning concept design firm encompassing a multitude of disciplines and creating thoughtful, provocative architecture, brands, products, and environments. Our projects span the United States and around the globe, served by offices in New York, San Francisco and Bangkok.
Our New York office is seeking a highly talented, innovative and creative Project Designer for a 1 year fixed term contract.
The Project Designer position is a broad role combining the talents of a senior designer with the ability to manage projects.
The candidate shall possess a very strong conceptual mind set, attention to detail and, demonstrated ability working with an integrated design process and proven capacity in creating transformative experiences, and track record of successful project management in interior architecture hospitality projects including hotel and restaurant design, documentation and delivery.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Only applicants with the following qualifications and experience will be considered
• Demonstrated outstanding design and project management talent for high end hospitality design and project delivery. Additional retail and residential experience a plus.
• Strong client liaison and in person project presentation skills.
• Contract management and project fiscal performance monitoring and analysis experience.
• Proven work experience in project design, development, documentation, FF&E sourcing and specification and project delivery. Construction administration experience required, in traditional delivery method. Experience in design build projects a plus.
• Working fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD required.
• Experience in Sketchup. VRay, and 3DMax or Rhino a plus. Fluency in Spexx a plus.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative, proactive and fast paced environment, with a great degree of confidence, self-motivation and personal initiative.
• Excellent communication skills - written, graphic and verbal, and outstanding ability to present and share concepts and designs.
• Very organized, self-disciplined and well managed, with a proven ability to organize and manage project teams, coordinate with other project consultants and collaborate with contractors and vendors.
Educational & Work Experience Considerations:
• Master degree in architecture, interior architecture or interior design, or equivalent professional undergraduate degree.
• A minimum of ten (10) years post graduate experience at an interior architecture or interior design firm, with related hospitality design and project management experience.
• Legally able to work in the United States at this time.
• Available to join us within 6-8 weeks.
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and portfolio samples as a single PDF attachment no larger than 10MB to email@example.com.
Please include “AvroKO Designer” in the subject line of your email.
Incomplete submissions, or candidates lacking all the required qualifications above, will not be considered. Please no phone calls.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.