Senior User Experience Designer
At Daptiv, our shared purpose is to improve the lives of our customers by helping them plan, manage, and collaborate on projects. Our web and mobile products are used by thousands of business professionals every day. We know that powerful, intuitive, user-centered solutions are paramount so we design software that rivals leading consumer-based online experiences.
Our User Experience team is responsible for creating world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings. As the Sr. User Experience Designer you will own the end-to-end user experience for our web and mobile products, mentor other UX designers, and evangelize/mature the practice of user experience design.
• Work directly with product management to translate market problems into world-class, user centered solutions.
• Present designs to delivery teams and collaborate with developers to refine user experiences in an agile/lean environment.
• Design and lead user research and usability testing. Meet frequently with customers and use their feedback to inform product design.
• Define pattern libraries, style guides, and other UX guideline documentation to establish UX best practices.
• Mentor other UX designers through coaching, guiding experience strategy, and evaluating designs.
• Envision the future and create presentations that communicate strategic direction.
• User Flows – Define the user goals and create user flows that communicate how the user will accomplish the tasks required to achieve the goals.
• Wireframes\Mockups– Design the page layout and elements for the various steps in the user workflow.
• Interaction Design – Define the navigation, interaction behavior, and other specifics to communicate how a user should interact with the software to accomplish a task.
• Prototyping – Create high-level prototypes for the purpose of testing the validity of concepts and usability.
• Usability Testing – Iteratively present designs to end users to evaluate the quality of the solution and identify action items to improve the design.
• Portfolio of past work demonstrating user-centered design accomplishments
• Proficiency with your tool set of choice; Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Graffle, Axure, etc.
• Comfortable experimenting, accepting feedback and iterating on ideas
• Passion for working with a blank canvas of ideas in addition to evolving existing products, and solving complex design problems.
• 3-5 years experience designing highly functional websites or web-based applications
• 2-3 years experience designing user experiences for B2B software.
• 2-3 years experience working with agile/scrum teams or a team using kanban.
• 1-2 years experience designing for modern front-end technologies
• Visual design skills a huge plus
• Interactive prototyping skills a plus
• Mobile design experience a plus
Bachelor of Arts degree in Design, Fine Arts, or Human-Computer Interaction
Title: Sr. User Experience Designer
Reports To: Vice President of Product Management
Location: Corporate Headquarters – Seattle, WA USA
How To Apply