Industrial Design Internship
We are currently looking for a skilled design intern for our Atlanta office for SUMMER 2014 beginning in May or June. This is a unique opportunity to experience a vibrant creative culture and cut your teeth on real world challenges with a world-class design and innovation consultancy who works across a variety of industries including consumer goods, home appliances, juvenile products, and healthcare.
We are seeking an impressive individual who’ll bring creativity, passion, people skills, and the ability to create breakthrough products for our clients. Your sketching skills are your biggest asset and enable you to rapidly visualize and develop a broad range of concepts to any problem you are challenged with. A natural self-starter – you take direction well and are able to independently complete design tasks. Although your experience is limited, you are passionate about the details and have a proven track record for creating products and experiences that connect emotionally with consumers.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary brainstorming sessions with designers, clients and other creative groups within THRIVE.
- Rapidly visualize concept ideas through sketches, renderings and physical prototypes.
- Develop 3D digital surface models of high complexity and sophistication that are both aesthetically accurate and technically robust.
- Innovate within known high and low volume manufacturing techniques, specifying materials, construction, mechanism, color and surface finish
- Present your ideas to internal teams with passion, clarity and a clear rationale.
- Strong capacity for critical thought and problem solving.
- Exceptional visualization and storytelling skills with a world class sensitivity to form, color, finish and materials.
- Solid expertise in CAD modeling, digital rendering and illustration using Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe Suite and Painter.
- Strong aesthetic sense with the ability to create products that stimulate people’s senses and emotions.
- Strong understanding of the design process with the ability to link tasks together and anticipate next steps.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The desire to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment with demanding deadlines.
- Enthusiastic towards learning all aspects of product and brand creation.
- Strives to exceed the expectations.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 5MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your design process demonstrating strong sketching and problem solving skills.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.