Senior User Experience Researcher
Sage is a leading supplier of business management software and services to more than 6 million customers worldwide, and we’re building some of the most advanced cloud-based web and mobile business applications. With headquarters in the UK and over 13,000 employees in offices worldwide, Sage consistently ranks among the top software companies to work for.
We are looking for a full-time Senior User Experience Researcher to join the Product Design and Experience (PDX) team in Lawrenceville, GA to help create exceptional experiences in our desktop, web-based and mobile applications. Sage has a dedicated Usability and Analytics team (a team within PDX) that focuses on Usability, User Research, and Analytics.
Ideal candidates must be user-focused, flexible, self-motivated, and able to work on a wide variety of projects. They must have strong communication skills, knowledge of latest UX industry best practices and trends, and have the ability and willingness to rapidly acquire domain knowledge.
User Experience Researcher at Sage plan and conduct usability testing and user research, utilizing their knowledge of user experience and user-centered design principles and methodologies. Throughout the research and testing process, they work closely with a variety of stakeholders including, interaction designers, development teams, product managers, business analysts, and customers. The Usability Analyst collects and analyzes usability data, documents results and transforms the data into actionable recommendations for product owners, developers, interaction designers, and other stakeholders. Working remotely one day a week is an option.
• Proven experience preparing research plans, defining and tracking UX metrics; conducting research for multiple products/releases
• Demonstrated ability in planning and executing rapid iterative usability testing of wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes
• Ability to translate research findings into specific, prioritized recommendations to quickly improve product designs
• Strong understanding of usability testing and analysis methodologies
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills
• Strong understanding of design research methodologies
• Proficiency with one or more usability testing tools or services (Morae, Loop 11, Usertesting.com etc…)
• Proficiency with one or more wireframing/prototyping tools (Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
• Experience prioritizing work based on timelines and business objectives
• Ability to create and maintain relationships with vendors and other external business contacts
• Experience in analyzing and using analytics to discover usability issues
• Passion for understanding what drives customer behavior
• Entrepreneurial and energetic – engaged in new trends, ideas and new ways to explore usability
• Manages time well, is organized and can handle overlapping assignments
• 5+ years of experience creating and conducting user research studies and usability tests and translating results into design recommendations
• Web analytics experience preferred. Google or Web Trends Analytics experience preferred
• Proficient with usability tools, such as Morae, Loop11, card sorting, subjective ratings scales, and timed tests, as well as prototyping tools, such as Visio, Lucid Spec, Snag It, or Expressions, and paper-based prototyping
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Usability or related discipline.
• Human Factors certificate preferred
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.