User Experience Designer
Over the past 7 years, HTC's Innovation Team in Seattle has created the vision for HTC Sense™, HTC's branded, cross-platform user experience. During that time, HTC has transformed from a device manufacturer into a global consumer brand. The Innovation Team provides design strategy for all of HTC, and collaborates directly with product teams in Taipei to bring new designs to market. We are a small team with the feel of a startup and the backing of a company with over $10 billion in annual sales.
Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals within integrated cross-disciplinary teams to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
HTC's Innovation Team is looking for a user experience designer with 3 or more years’ experience, who is driven by the desire to work as a team player, shows a talent for creating unique, yet relevant, design solutions, and is committed to HTC's success in the mobile device market.
• Participate in user and market research to understand the needs and desires of our target audience.
• Collaborate with design leads to develop scenarios and storyboards to communicate design concepts to team members, product groups, and executives.
• Design, build, and test interactive prototypes to iterate and evolve your design concepts.
• Deliver detailed information architecture, interaction and visual design specifications to product teams.
• Accurately judge level of effort for individual design contributions.
• Manage design deliverables and relationships with HTC's planning and engineering groups in Taipei.
• Track design related issues.
• Contribute to an evolving design culture and process at HTC's UX Design team group and throughout HTC's worldwide design organization.
The successful candidate will have:
• 3+ years of interaction design experience, including significant non-Web interaction design work.
• BA/BS in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Computer-related Design, HCI, Human Factors, or closely-related field (masters degree is a plus).
• Experience shipping products from concept to creation.
• Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of UX designers/researchers, planners, and engineers
• Experience in designing both hardware and software user interfaces (mobile device interaction design experience is a major plus).
• The visual design skills to produce professional-quality interaction design concepts and specifications. You need not be a graphic designer per se, but the quality of the design of your deliverables must be commensurate with the high caliber of the content.
• Expertise in the major graphics tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Visio/Omnigraffle) and at least one prototyping tool.
• Strong project management and communications skills and willingness to be a team player.
We should get to know each other if you:
• Are thrilled by the chance to ship new products of your own design to millions of passionate HTC users.
• Live for cross-disciplinary user-centered design, but would rather design products than discuss process.
• Obsess about creating design solutions that offer both functional and emotional benefits.
• See design as both a cultural and strategic activity.
• Are happy to travel quarterly to Taipei, Taiwan to collaborate with product groups.
How To Apply