INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER - INTERN or JUNIOR
Intern / Junior Industrial Designer
Do you enjoy a hands-on environment where you learn about the materials, finishes and processes involved in producing market products? Are you able to multi-task? Do you thrive on teamwork, collaboration and a fast-paced work environment? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Industrial Designer or Intern to join its highly collaborative design team in Markham, Ontario. Recent graduates or students working in an internship capacity will be considered.
• Collaborate with Senior Management to create and develop new products for the market.
• Work with international suppliers to facilitate manufacturing process.
• Evaluate and test potential new products for future assortment considerations.
• Investigate and resolve product quality concerns.
• Constant review of our current product line and specify technical improvements and/or changes as necessary.
• Create production ready CAD files for prototyping and tooling.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Education in Industrial Design or a related field. Mechanical engineering background is a plus.
• Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and prioritize accordingly.
• Experience using 3D CAD software (Solidworks)
• Understanding of digital photography and 2D graphics (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
• Kitchenware background is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and an equal opportunity work environment.
Please send a resume and sample work in PDF format (no larger than 5mb) to David Chan, Director of Design at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Browne & Co., only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
How To Apply