JanSport: Web Designer (Marketing)
As a member of the Marketing team, the Web Designer will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing content and features on JanSport.com using the site's content management system. Creates new pages in HTML and new on-site promotional spots (jpg) in partnership with the Brand Marketing and ECOM teams. Responsible for creating a web presence that effectively communicates the global brand and product information.
BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Marketing/Advertising, Online Marketing, eCommerce, or a related field and a minium of 3+ years of relevant, multi-functional and progressively responsible web site management. An outstanding track record in developing and maintaining best-in-class websites.
- Strong team orientation and progressive thinking required.
- Passion for the internet is a plus.
- Ability to design multiple concepts with different looks for the same project.
- A firm grounding in design principles, an understanding of information design and hierarchies as well as experience and understanding of typography and design theory.
- Expertise in a broad range of disciplines (retail branding, advertising, email marketing and brand identity).
- Knowledgeable on how to use FTP client, Grid System and Enterprise grade CMS.
- Outstanding Photoshop skills.
- Moderate experience with cross browser testing.
- Must possess effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Must have good presentation skills with the ability to articulate the strategy behind design concepts and how those concepts meet the strategic objectives.
- Possess strong conceptual/verbal skills.
- Be highly organized.
- Have experience managing and estimating personal time outlays for each project.
- Requires advanced skills and experience in visual design and awareness of current technologies.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Work and Excel are essential.
- Possess a strong design portfolio in website design.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-orientated environments.
Some travel is required.
1. Reports up to Brand Marketing and works closely with ECOM teams to ensure web presence has a consistent creative direction and identity with other marketing vehicles. Ensures that all collateral compiles with JanSport Brand Standards and Brand Voice.
2. Serves as the primary designer for all digital/online projects.
3. Develops fully integrated online campaigns for JanSport.com that extend to online advertising, email, social media and other digital formats.
4. Updating and maintaing JanSport.com site.
5. Develop the code for all pages within CMS.
6. Developing and sending emails for general brand communications and event marketing needs.
How To Apply