Sr Packaging Designer - Visual Extraordinaire
Are you known for your creative, innovative and keen eye?
Do you have experience setting a strategy and executing on the plan?
Do you see retail goods and wish you could have designed the packing?
Do you thrive in a fast-moving environment with multiple projects and deadlines?
Do you have experience designing stunning packaging across multiple brands?
Are you on top of what’s hip, new and tearing up the market?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, please keep on reading as this may be the position created for you!
The Senior Packaging Designer (SPD) is responsible for developing and implementing a packaging strategy and design aesthetic across the Sound United’s Brands (Boom, Polk and Definitive). The designer is also responsible for documenting and tracking industry trends; benchmarking best-in-class examples and trends; and collaborating with marketing, product development and project management to design and implement industry leading packaging. The SPD will work closely with other graphic designers to establish and create a unified individual identity for each brand. The designer will also assist with other graphic design needs when necessary.
Plus a whole lot more!!!
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in design/graphic design or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• 4+ years of relevant experience with a degree or 7+ years without a degree (must include experience with complex packaging solutions from concept to production)
• 3+ years of experience utilizing a Macintosh, Adobe Creative Suite and Illustrator is required
• 2+ years of hands-on project management experience required • Ability to clearly understand and create a story through designs around each brand (Boom, Polk and Definitive Technology)
• Ability to travel up to 15% is (domestic and international)
• Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals within the department, company and external vendors, and customers alike
• Ability to work flexible work schedule as required
• Deep passion for design that is matched by a desire to find compelling user solutions
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and assignments at the same time
• Excellent 2-D conceptualization and documentation skills
• Excellent project- and time-management, and strong follow-through skills required
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) required
• Experience leading a design project from inception to finished product is required
• Experience within the consumer/electronic industry is a plus; Passion for audio/music/sound is required
• Must be able to see color (not colorblind)
• Strategic thinker who knows how to implement and drive ambitious packaging designs to market, on time and within budget
• Plus a whole lot more!
WHO ARE WE?
Located in Vista, CA, DEI Holdings is the parent company of some of the most respected brands within the consumer electronics industry, including Sound United's. In addition, our leadership team and employees are focused on our 3 Core Values daily: Do the right thing. Have fun. and Play to Win.
You can check us out at www.soundunited.com for more information about our company and products!
HERE'S A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OUR BENEFITS and HOW TO APPLY:
Sound United offers a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, life, vacation, sick, 10-paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan as well as a casual, fun and entrepreneurial work environment.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
*All new hires are required to go through a criminal background check and drug screen prior to hire.
*No agencies or phone calls please.
*Relocation assistance not offered for this role.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.