Defy Media is looking for a stellar Designer to join our LA team. We’re looking for someone obsessed; one who breathes, eats, and sleeps on great UI—whether it’s websites, mobile applications, or platform interfaces—it’s all you can think about. You fancy yourself a great prototyper as well? Yeah, keep reading.
You will work together with the creative team working on a wide variety of the leading digital brands for 12-34 year olds, and adding to our 30+ web properties, 100+ shows, mobile apps, campaigns, presentations, and social applications. You must be able to take direction and criticism from the creative director and internal clients seamlessly, and incorporate feedback to make your designs better.
To be successful here, you need the initiative and persistence to improve your concepts and final product. Your production skills (ie, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, InDesign) are supremely important, as is being able to deliver high-quality design against deadlines.
Haven’t heard of Defy Media? Maybe you know some of our brands: Break.com, Smosh, Honest Trailers, Man At Arms, Clevver, Made Man, Screen Junkies, etc. We are one of the quickest growing digital media companies, and your work will be seen by millions every month.
We move fast and quick, and need someone who’s ready to hit the ground running, and able to instantly make an impact. This position is full-time in our Los Angeles office, and is available immediately. You must include a link to your online portfolio and your resume / LinkedIn profile to be considered.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes
• Top-notch, industry-leading design skills (Photoshop and Illustrator are absolutes) - must also be aware of new trends in the design industry.
• Experience with After Effects, 3D, Flash, and/or video editing a plus
• Experience with mobile apps (iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, or WebOS) a plus
• Must be well organized
• Absolutely necessary to be able to work on multiple projects at once
• Ability to deliver quality final products under deadline pressures
• Stellar interpersonal skills are a must - being a natural “people person” - as position will require constant collaboration across entire organization
• Experience working with high profile brands and/or on a high-traffic website is a major plus
* A link to your online portfolio
* Resume (or your LinkedIn profile, which is actually preferable)
* Four (4) plus years design experience
How To Apply