User Experience Designer
The PCAOB is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to oversee the audits of public companies in order to protect the interest of investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate, and independent audit reports. The PCAOB also oversees the audits of broker-dealers, including compliance reports filed pursuant to federal securities laws, to promote investor protection.
The PCAOB has a full-time, regular position for User Experience Designer in the Office of Information Technology. The position will be based out of the PCAOB's Washington, DC office but will require periodic travel to the organization's Virginia office in Ashburn, VA. This position supports user experience and communications efforts with a focus on planning and implementation. The User
Experience Designer will support user-centered design efforts, lead front-end development, and participate in user testing.
• Act as a member of the user experience team;
• Assist in planning and implementing an end-user focused test program;
• Use data-driven design techniques. Including analytics, data, surveys, and user research;
• Give input on UX Standards and delivery;
• Review design and development efforts by other teams to ensure adherence to standards;
• Designs and delivers consistent look and feel across OFT projects and programs;
• Uses wireframes, prototypes, and other visual artifacts to demonstrate information architecture;
• Delivers layouts, navigation, and interactions consistent with UX style guide;
• Communicates user goals with personas, customer journey maps, user flows, storyboards or other tools;
• Serves as a user advocate during development;
• Serve as a subject matter expert on front-end technology;
• Educate team members about trends and best practices in front-end development;
• Independently implement improvements or refinements based on existing standards
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Interaction Design, or related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience desired
• 5 years of experience in user-centered design and development
• Fascination with the best way to do things
• Ability to evaluate solutions based on business need, user need and appropriate technology
• Ability to communicate with audiences of different technical ability and interest; explain and educate concepts around user centered design and user experience practice
• Experience working with SharePoint or other content management system
• Exposure to Agile or LeanUX
• Experience with responsive design and developing in non-browser based experiences
• Experience developing functional prototypes as well as prototyping tools such as Basalmiq or Axure
• Demonstrated experience with LeanUX and Agile development practices.
• Proactive, quality-oriented, with demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently on projects and collaborate as a contributing team member; and
• Extremely detail-oriented and the ability to manage multiple, critical tasks concurrently.
The PCAOB encourages a spirit of cooperation and teamwork, and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, and public interest focus in helping the PCAOB fulfill its mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The PCAOB is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.
Apply at www.pcaobus.org/careers to Requisition Number 14-0041
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.