Gator Cases is a fast paced, growing company that designs and manufactures cases and stands for the Music, Pro Audio, Audio Visual, Aviation, Firearms, and other Industrial markets; with products in over 2,500 retailers in the USA and distribution in 70+ countries around the world. Gator Cases is a Tampa based company with a large distribution, and manufacturing center in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Gator also has key manufacturing partners throughout China, and other regions around the world. Gator Cases is an award-winning organization. Gator Cases provides application of technology to all parts of its business, including logistics management. Gator Cases is seeking fun, creative, innovative, and energetic team members who not only can adapt to change, but take the lead in the continuous improvement of our core business processes and the way we serve each other and our customers. We value team members who can see the bigger picture, and who exercise the initiative that will take us to the next level, and make it possible for us to successfully scale the business, and achieve our lofty growth goals.
Gator Cases is currently seeking a creative, innovative, and technically skilled individual to join our New Product Development team as a Design Engineer. The ideal person will realize industrial design concepts specifically in the areas of hard plastic cases and fabric bags, including material selection and fabrication methods, including secondary operations and decoration technology. Additionally, the Product Designer would support marketing efforts with the creation of photorealistic CAD renderings for use in the product catalog. The ideal candidate would have a successful track record designing highly cosmetic and densely integrated mobile products, an extensive background in materials and manufacturing processing techniques, and deep experience integrating with product development teams and upholding ID priorities.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Work closely with Category, Marketing and Sales Design leadership in support of the product development process.
• Manage and create compelling design solutions through comprehensive design and product lineup strategies, which correspond to the product development plan, general business plan, and individual product category objectives.
• Create CAD renderings to be used as key sales aids and in-house line preparation. Renderings will also be used to communicating sample requirements and design revisions to vendors.
• Work to ensure brand DNA remains at the center of new product development.
• Implement solutions in 2D and/or 3D to communicate requirements to engineering teams and component suppliers, and driving implementable outcome.
• Operate independently and requires less frequent input or direction from Product Design Manager. Manage time and multiple projects to achieve maximum creative output.
• Position responsibility. Presentations must have the level of quality, clarity and completeness to be presentable to the Executive Team, and the company as a whole.
• Trend analysis, and competitive research. Contribute to the global marketplace trends most relevant to Gator Cases brands.
• Perform competitive product benchmarking research on competing products in the marketplace.
• Understand time associated with individual design process and contribute to setting up and maintaining design portion of timelines.
• Adjust creative process as needed with Product Design Manager, and Marketing team as needed to adjust timeline goals and deliverable expectation if need arises.
• 2 years product design experience
• 2 years parametric CAD experience
• 2 years Solidworks experience
• 2 years Adobe Creative Suite
• MS Office Outlook mail, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal, written, and visual organization skills
• Prior training or experience in consumer product development, with knowledge of the product development process
• Presentation skills for effective communication of design ideas, product concepts, materials and construction. Presentations should display strong visual organization and aesthetics, as well as written and verbal clarity appropriate for executive team briefings, customer meetings, and addressing the company as a whole.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, ensuring deliverable are executed on-time, within cost guidelines and meeting quality expectations
• Knowledge of design rules and techniques related to sewn goods, thermoformed plastics, metal fabrication and wood products
• Documentation and communication skills for efficient development of new products with manufacturers both domestic and overseas
• Offshore (especially China) supplier experience is highly desirable
• Knowledge of musical instruments is a big plus
• Office environment.
• 10-20% Domestic or International Travel
• Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
We offer a competitive salary of $32k-$42k, and a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, and a 401 (k) plan.
We provide Equal Employment Opportunity EEO for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.