Chartbeat is a real-time analytics service designed for real-time action used by everyone from The Wall Street Journal to Al Jazeera. We're democratizing data by putting it in the hands of people who need it to make decisions and take action - right now. Just before our 4th birthday we moved into our own sprawling office in Union Square, Manhattan. We are packing it full of incredible talent. Thanks to years of hard work and amazing funding by some of the top investors in the world (Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Index Ventures, and Betaworks) we're growing, and growing quickly.
We're an eclectic team of circumnavigating polar explorers, coffee connoisseur data scientists, pint-sized Kansan product queens, triathlon-fit hackers and freakishly strong designers. We have opinions. We're expected to share them - right and wrong. And that's how we build amazing things together every single day.
We're a startup, and we all have a stake in the business. So we work hard, and we trust you to work the hours it takes to give us the best of you. We don't track vacation because you can either make a decision on that with the good of the company in mind or you probably aren't right for us anyway.
Messenger of beautiful imagery and functional marketing applications.
You fancy yourself the VanGogh of the interwebs and you’ve had the chance to work on lots and lots of projects that have refined your constantly evolving design smarts. Here at Chartbeat, you’re excited about being the creative force behind the marketing team with a specific focus on our demand generation efforts. Basically, you’re taking what we’re preaching to the world and translating it into beautiful, relatable, and just plain gorgeous works of art for our new and existing clients.
You’re excited about the chance to work at a fast-growing company with some of the smartest data nerds in Silicon Alley and we’re specifically looking for a team player who can test, learn, and optimize how we go about acquiring new clients and build deeper relationships with existing ones. You’re up for the challenge and willing to take risks to help us continuously adapt the way Chartbeat gets people excited about what we have to offer.
- Continuously align your design style with the overall Chartbeat brand to effectively communicate a cohesive concept
- Support our marketing efforts by focusing your efforts on helping build the marketing site, microsites, and landing pages that include supporting materials like buttons, promotional tiles, and icons
- Design social media custom visuals and background (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube) as well as marketing promotions -- Gif, Flash, and email, etc
- Work with teams across the company to gather insight and effectively communicate the value Chartbeat’s products bring to the online market
- Design a variety of marketing collateral that help support sales and drive leads
- Build templates and reusable collateral so non-designers can easily take and run with
- Continually push the Chartbeat brand aesthetic forward and unify across the board
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and a strong level of curiosity about the hippest web design trends and techniques currently out there
- “Spidey-sense” like approach to design, layout, typography, and branding for the web
- Ability to work with pre-existing assets to match look and feel for new features while also having a wild enough imagination to create new assets and designs from scratch
- Around 2-3 years of experience, preferably with exposure to social media and mobile websites
- Desire to take your “know-how” to new levels by learning things like jQuery, PHP, and Python -- mainly because you enjoy the challenge of being outside your comfort zone
- Experience with ESPs/marketing software, as well as print and InDesign
- ++ for a general understanding of web standards/web browser capabilities and the ability to create pages that work with different browsers and platforms
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.