Freelance Textile Designer
Project Summary: Merida is a textile design and manufacturing company headquartered in the Boston Design Center, with a weaving facility in Fall River, MA. We are seeking a freelance textile designer to expand our library of surface designs for our tufted rug product category.
• Generate an agreed amount of viable designs between the two design concepts provided.
• Create CADs for tufted production.
• Schedule and manage prototype samples with the production team.
• Collaborate with Merida’s design and technical teams.
• Meet with the product development team on a weekly basis to determine next steps in development.
• Proficiency in AutoCad and Photoshop.
• Experience and knowledge of textile design, preferably in high-end home interiors.
• Good foundation in design with an excellent eye for color and scale.
• Ability to complete deadlines when required.
• Communicates well with others in a collaborative manner.
Length of Project:
• Three month assignment resulting in a minimum of thirty production-ready designs.
Please submit cover letter with your resume and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email only. Phone calls will not be considered.
How To Apply