We have a terrific opportunity for an Industrial Designer to join our multidisciplinary Product Development group. In this role you will design exceptional, innovative, and exciting products for the global sublimation industry.
The successful candidate will have:
• A natural flair for innovation and design thinking, coupled with a passion for consumer-centric design.
• A notable aesthetic sense and outstanding track record in conceiving and bringing forms to concepts via core design competencies of concept ideation, sketching, presenting, and problem-solving.
• A quality portfolio with minimum 3-5 years’ design experience in creating, refining, and developing breakthrough designs that enhance product appeal and provide competitive differentiation.
• A good understanding of materials, technology and manufacturing processes.
• The ability to act quickly, communicate effectively and lead projects in design, inspiring teams to achieve the impossible.
• A passion for designing the full customer experience.
This team member will:
• Identify unmet needs through consumer/customer research and initiate new product concepts and ideas aligned with market opportunities.
• Define aspects of form, geometry, fit, and function while meeting defined criteria for product cost, manufacturability, and schedules.
• Partner with other members of the group to validate concepts and articulate requirements for new products and features, then oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external resources to ensure new product development success.
• Maintain a working knowledge of material and process technologies applicable to new product development.
• Maintain all supporting documentation for designs.
• Stay abreast of the competition and interpret ideas from what is observed in an innovative way.
• Maintain and evolve the Universal Woods family of brands through high quality designs.
Skills & Experience:
• Highly developed sketching, form development, and problem solving abilities
• Solid proficiency in 3D modeling and rendering software (Solidworks preferred), Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office. Proficiency in 2D drawing (AutoCAD) is strongly desired.
• Excellent project management skills, able to plan timelines and lead others to meet deadlines.
• BS in Industrial Design or equivalent; Minimum 5 years work experience
• Ethical with exemplary work ethic; Ability to thrive in a family friendly, self-directed environment/culture
Very Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary. Incentive bonus plan. Profit sharing plan (2% of annual salary). 401K (45% of first 6% contribution matched). Vacation; 8 paid holidays per year. Medical and dental insurance - 100% single, ~75% family coverage provided. Company paid disability and life insurance. Wellness Program. Education assistance.
Send resume and compensation history to:
email@example.com or Universal Woods, Inc.; Organization Development – Industrial Designer;
2600 Grassland Drive; Louisville, KY 40299
Universal Woods is an equal employment opportunity employer.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.