The Director of User Experience will be a strategic leader in the VerticalResponse team. The right candidate must balance considerations of users’ needs, technical constraints, and business objectives, while working in a fast-paced collaborative environment. The Director of UX must be a self-starter with a proven track record of managing complex projects, including developing consensus among a passionate cross-functional team while keeping his/her ego in check when evaluating others’ ideas or reviewing feedback and analytics on designs. He/she must be comfortable working in an agile and data-informed environment where the effectiveness UX is measured and not just subject to opinion.
• Lead the customer-centric vision, strategy, and execution of the user experience design
• Manage a small team of UX staff including contractors
• Develop multiple concepts for critical features and validate them early in the design cycle through customer engagement
• Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and detailed specs to guide development
• Ensure that visual design UI patterns are documented, up to date, and aligned with marcomm styleguides and corporate web design standards
• Conduct regular design reviews ensuring design quality, and consistency where warranted
• Ensure the team has the necessary data to facilitate efficient decision making and to minimize risk
• Work with product management to refine & prioritize new user stories
• Work with engineering to understand the capabilities and constraints of available technologies, scope new functionality, and to address UX-related bugs
• Establish, collect & report objective metrics for UX that inform the overall business strategy
• Collaborate with customers as part of sales, marketing, design, & support activities
• 8+ years working in a UX role in a web or mobile application company doing hands-on information architecture and interaction design
• Bachelors degree in a relevant field; graduate level degree in design, HCI, or a related field preferred
• Established track record leading interdisciplinary UX teams including managing staff and contractors
• History of success working across organizational boundaries to launch websites, applications or other technology products
• Strong understanding of user research methods including hands on experience conducting ethnography and usability studies
• Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, Axure, etc,
• Familiarity with web analytics and related user research tools such as Google Analytics, Usertesting.com, etc.
• Ability to travel up to 20% for customer visits & collaboration with distributed teams, 80% in SF office
• Proof of eligibility to work in the US
A little bit about us…
VerticalResponse helps companies market their products and services with award winning Email and Social Media Marketing Tools. Our product design team thrives on creativity, innovation, and solving difficult UI challenges in ways that are intuitive, compelling and delightful. Our goal is to invent the future of digital media marketing and bring best of breed products to market!
This position reports to the SVP of Products & Marketing and is located in San Francisco, California.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.