Soft Goods Designer
POSITION: Soft Goods Designer
OPPORTUNITY: An exciting opportunity to work with a fast growing company in Branford, CT. We strive to develop innovative and creative products for our customers.
We are an innovative case design company looking for highly motivated people to help support our current and new customers in the notebook carrying case, tablet, and smart-phone markets.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 3 years of Technical Product design experience either in the carrying case/luggage area, apparel, and soft goods fields.
If you have the creative vision for Women's and Men’s fashion trends, sport, tech and youth markets would be a plus. You will be working amongst well seasoned and experienced team of designers collaborating on various case solutions and directly engaging with our global clients.
You would be relied upon to effectively communicate and present design concepts, create and deliver presentations /proposals. Candidates must be extremely detail oriented and have a keen eye for fabrication, construction, colors, graphic applications, style and fit.
We are leader in the Notebook Carrying Case market with 30+ years in the business of supporting customers like Dell, HP, Lenovo, Belkin, etc. We are looking to quickly expand our design team, to allow us to meet the demand of the growing global notebook, tablet, and accessories market. And while we’ll need business-savvy, smart thinkers on our team, we also need people who aren’t afraid to be creative and who can think outside of the box, and can work independently.
• Design and illustrate computer cases, sleeves, and mobile case accessories based off trending themes and design direction.
• Product ideation, sketching, drafting and rendering
• Develop detailed technical specification of products in Adobe Illustrator
• Develop presentation for customers
• Collaborate with the design team providing support and solving problems
• Communicate with local and international offices
• Perform sample inspections & review to finished product
• Maintain and update of design files
• Identify new and emerging trends in design and materials through product and market research
• 1 to 3 years of professional design experience
• Experience in designing soft goods: computer cases, luggage and mobile case accessories
• An understanding of how to create product from concept through completion
• Ability to evaluate information from the market and apply to product
• Thorough understanding of bag construction and cut and sew processes
• Experience in developing key product branding elements
• Self-motivated team player
• Can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Keen sense of style and creativity
• Acute attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Overseas manufacturing experience preferred (not mandatory)
• Awareness of high end, quality products
• Experience developing branded product a plus
• Knowledge of materials and hardware
• Travel required (domestic and abroad)
• Adobe Creative Suites (Illustrator and photoshop is a must)
• CAD software is a plus (not mandatory)
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Graphic Design (with relevant experience)
MUST submit sample of appropriate work (not over 5MB) or link to web portfolio.
***PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NOT DESIGNED SOFT-GOOD CASES***
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.