Job Position: Structural Designer
Baird Display, we don't just do POP, we invented it.
Baird was founded in Milwaukee in 1933 as a manufacturer of upscale candy boxes and poker chips. In the 1950's we began creating unique, high-quality POP displays and we haven't stopped. Over the years, we've showcased our ultra-strong design, support, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution capabilities, proving to clients that it can be done. It's this dedication to client satisfaction that has taken Baird from a modest manufacturing company to an award-winning POP juggernaut.
Currently we are seeking a highly creative Point of Purchase Designer to assist and support our
Creative Director with the following responsibilities:
1. Design cost-effective displays for products or goods from conception to completion.
2. Design projects - analyze specifications, determine optimal production, prepare preliminary layouts,
3. Make material recommendations, Design process includes testing prototypes and materials
4. Effectively communicate complete and accurate details to individual departments
5. Interact with manufacturing process/quality checks from concept to final output.
6. Facilitate ordering process for dies; create complete instruction sheets, carton sizing etc.
7. Receive, respond and solve internal and external inquiries and /or complaints
8. Interact as liaison between sales team, PM's customer, & manufacturing
9. Assist in maintaining a complete photo library of completed projects/white samples.
10. Maintain time log for individual jobs
11. Works independently - regularly exercises judgment and discretion
Education / Experience
College Degree plus 1- 3 years structural design experience
Experience with Artios CAD, Photo Shop, Illustrator a plus.
Ability to hand draw or use software design programs preferred.
Excellent organizational skills/ability to multi-task.
Willing to teach structural skills if you have graphic, rendering or 3 D modeling experience.
Excellent communication skills
Previous work experience in manufacturing of temporary displays a plus.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Send cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com with Design Position in subject line.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.