We are seeking a talented, multidisciplined designer with an exceptional portfolio, representing diverse media and excellent design skills.
The Art Director oversees the design development for all assigned projects and client deliverables from start to finish. Ensuring that the design fits in with the client's requirements and the image they wish to promote for their company / event or product. A responsibility to make production staff and clients feel at ease with the graphic design process by motivating and leading other graphic designers on the project to perform great and consistent work.
The Art Director also reviews all design material and confers with the CEO, Creative Director, Producer, Client or individual responsible for the project regarding budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, techniques, and related production factors. Formulates basic layout design concept and conducts research to select and secure suitable illustrative material, or conceives and assigns production of material and detail to staff or freelance designers. Reviews, approves, and presents final designs to client or department head for approval. Performs duties of Lead Designer on multiple projects.
• Art Directs multiple projects simultaneously and manages in-house staff designers as well as out-of-house freelancers and vendors as needed
• Work closely with Director of Design, CEO and Creative Director to streamline and promote creative development for each project
• Conceptualize, develop and execute creative projects including pitches, show theme design, show content design, media graphics, video development, print collateral, spatial design
• Develop and maintain internal resources and Marketing Materials to promote and develop Broadstreet as a brand
• Works directly with, and manages work load and goals for Design Interns.
• Assists with general Design Department needs as outlined by the Director of Design
• Extremely positive attitude and high energy level
• Strong creative design and typographical skills
• Good work ethic and a great attitude
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to function as a team player
• Must be self-motivated, creative, focused, organized and a team player
• Have strong interpersonal/communication skills and be able to adapt to different working environments
• Strong attention to detail, but also knowing how much to apply and when
• Strong presentation and problem-solving skills
• Excellent creative/strategic communication skills
• Leadership, mentoring and coaching
• Ability to work on multiple projects and under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
Essential Skills + Experience:
• A stunning portfolio featuring excellent campaign + event design (presentation/digital + print) with a strong creative graphic design + typographical aesthetic
• BA Degree + 5 years design experience minimum
• Excellence and expert knowledge is a MUST, in the following programs: Adobe Creative Suite CC: Illustrator / InDesign / Photoshop CC / Keynote / PowerPoint / Proficient on both a MAC and PC
• Optional software knowledge is a PLUS in the following programs: AfterEffects CC / 3D Modelling / HTML, CSS and/or other Web Development Software / Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of printing processes / digital media / presentation + production standards is essential
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.