User Experience Designer (San Francisco, CA)
About the Job:
In Taulia’s Product team, we live and breathe our core values. Two values that ring especially true to the User Experience Designer role are: “We get sh*t done” and “We are passionate about our product: our actions not our words satisfy our customers”.
We also care about the vendors that use our product and make it successful. Your unique challenge is to design a web-based product that is compelling to both the largest of suppliers down to the small 1-person companies. You will be our first UX designer, leading and crafting an easy-to-use, satisfying product and features. You will decide what we tackle first and drive how we think of the value of UX at Taulia.
Taulia is a leading enterprise software start-up located in San Francisco and serving Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies around the globe. Taulia connects the largest, most innovative companies in the world to their supply chains to strengthen relationships and save millions.
Taulia has received ample recognition for being the leader in supplier financing and has repeatedly been ranked atop the best places to work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. A few of Taulia's clients include Coca-Cola Bottling, Pfizer, John Deere, Home Depot, Pacific Gas & Electric, Hallmark and many others.
What You’ll Do All Day:
Besides be awesome? You will:
- Lead the development of interactive user experiences across Taulia’s platforms
- Work with Product Management, Engineering, Design, Support and Professional Services, to determine UX needs and how to meet them.
- Deep user focus and strong ability to transform user needs into scalable, simple, and effective UI designs.
- Perform user research, testing, and focus groups for strategic programs.
- Assess and understand the platform, business needs and market landscape, and distill those into design requirements.
- Identify and understand the user personas.
- Translate concepts and ideas into wireframes, workflow diagrams and customer journey maps.
- Support product design governance and implementation to ensure that product designs comply with UX best practices.
- Not afraid of getting your hands dirty!
- Champion user experience and design best practices to stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Bring design thinking to projects and act as a voice of UX innovation in the product development process.
- Passionate about B2B products and technology.
What We Want From You:
- Able to effectively communicate user experience and design directions to business teams & executives using prototypes, visual communications, and narrative vision.
- Able to work effectively with stakeholders in a highly collaborative, Agile product development process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Information Design, Graphic Arts or related field.
- 5-7 year's experience as a UX Designer, Interaction Design, Creative Director, Lead Strategist or similar.
- A portfolio that demonstrates superior creative thinking and problem solving skills applied to web based applications.
- Understand the design process, and project management for UX programs for web-based applications.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (including UX and technical development / engineering, product management, marketing, executive management), while utilizing working knowledge of software development, product design, usability engineering, and quality assurance.
- Attention to detail and craftsmanship.
- Proven success driving programs to completion.
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills, including involvement with executive-level communications.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes and project priorities.
- 5+ year's experience in product design.
- Experience with rapid prototyping, HTML & CSS.
Taulia is a rapidly growing SF-based start-up with fantastic job benefits, tier one investors and an entertaining yet fantastically competent culture. Taulia is an equal opportunity employer seeking only the most driven (and humorous) entrepreneurs to join our journey.
If you take your job seriously, but not yourself. If you enjoy the wild ride of start-up life and being a part of a team that knows how to debate, work with passion, and laugh. If you can make a positive impact on a company's core culture then apply now.
How To Apply