Joss & Main (http://www.jossandmain.com), a division of Wayfair, is a leading private sale site focused on premium goods for the home, offering curated sales and the finest brands at discounts of up to 70% off. We are looking to add a talented interactive designer who is passionate about creative, immersed in digital, obsessive about details, and unafraid to craft effective branded communication using banners and digital ads. How will you know your work is effective? Data. Our data-driven environment is the perfect laboratory to test, refine, and retest the performance of your cleverly designed work. In addition to your ownership of our digital advertising programs you’ll likely be involved in UI design for our various desktop and mobile platforms, marketing advertising, and hopefully a few emerging new opportunities that you’ll introduce to us.
• To be considered, you must have an online portfolio that demonstrates a strong eye for design (especially typography), an appreciation for brand, a love of experimentation, a command of technology and media, and hopefully shows us your ongoing potential for growth.
• Competency producing animated assets in both Flash and HTML5 is crucial to success in this role.
• Examples of innovative and effective banner displays will be a strong advantage.
• Design and produce a high volume of digital banner advertising campaigns on tight deadlines
• Follow brand standards closely
• Follow/lead best practices for banner production (design and technologies)
• Be an organized team player, willing to pitch in on other projects
• Participate in collaborative brainstorms, concept development, and design comps.
• Develop ideas and concepts into compelling visual solutions.
• Present visual ideas, design rationale, and detail to team members and executives
• Assist in project coordination across functional teams
• Work within designated budgets, timelines, and branding guidelines
• Work closely with designers, product managers, UX specialists, front-end developers, engineers and other internal departments to gain knowledge of the existing storefront, implement new features, and improve existing features
• Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect mockups from sketches, wireframes, and spec documents (and on occasion, out of thin air!)
• Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet brand standards and business goals
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
• Must be able to produce quality work in a fast paced atmosphere
• A solid understanding of design, color and typography principles
• Understanding of current and emerging social Media platforms
• Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to multiple project timelines
• Experience and interest in designing for female demographics
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Understanding of photo retouching/Photoshop
• An affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
• Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills
• An interest in online shopping/e-commerce
• Interest or experience in home décor or interior design is preferred
• Sense of humor a must
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.