EXTRACTABLE is an award-winning, data-driven digital experience agency that delivers personalized, responsive and deeply engaging experiences, which yield breakthrough results. Some of our key clients include Visa, Micron, LeapFrog, ACE, Oakwood, St Luke's and Blue Cross Blue Shield. Founded in 1999, EXTRACTABLE is a privately held agency based in San Francisco, CA.
We are currently seeking a talented Art Director who can deliver inspiring ideas and stunning design across all digital channels and devices. Applicant must be able to generate multiple aesthetics personally as well as inspire other designers to do the same. This role involves direct client contact so seasoned presentation skills are a must - both by phone and in person. Applicant’s portfolio should detail experience stewarding interactive creative ideas from inspiration through execution for well known brands.
Experience using research and data insights in design and in projects across multiple sectors (financial services, healthcare - B2B/B2C) is highly advantageous.
We are currently open to full-time, contract/freelance and temp-to-perm options.
- Deliver inspirational ideas and design executions
- Lead multiple projects
- Partner closely with strategy, user experience, client service and project management
- Provide clear and ongoing feedback to team throughout project
- Engage and build client relationships at junior and senior levels
- Establish depth of knowledge and nuance in our clients' industries
- Mentor mid-level and junior staff
- Help ensure the highest levels of quality for all work produced.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least five years of professional experience in website design, graphic design, app development, multimedia or other digital communications field.
- Background in art direction or graphic design is mandatory.
- Previous experience supervising others
- Proven ability to lead creative work for major accounts
- Strong problem-solving and conceptual skills, incl the ability to incorporate data and research into design
- Experience scope interactive work
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to guide and evaluate a creative team and manage projects
- Strong project management, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Photography, video and motion graphics experience a plus, but not required
What's in it for you?:
- An exciting environment where we get to implement the great ideas we dream up
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Great colleagues and a relaxed, dog-friendly work community
- Light-filled SOMA office, close to transit
If your background and interests match, let us know why. Send your cover letter and resume as an attachment, along with links to relevant deliverables, work samples or an online portfolio.
How To Apply