Senior UX Designer - Freelance
Are you a curious and critical thinker with an obsession for experience design?
We are seeking an experienced freelance user experience designer to work on an exciting project delivering field applications for the oil and gas industry.
The chosen candidate will play a pivotal role on a cross-functional team that includes account and project managers, designers, developers, and communication strategists. The work entails conducting user research (including travel to an oil rig), creating work flows, interaction designs, UX playbooks, etc. for up to five iPad productivity applications used by a variety of professionals. The applications will be used in the field and on oil rigs where conditions are unpredictable, sometimes dangerous, and technologically challenging. The project will begin in late July/Early August and will conclude no later than December of this year.
You should feel comfortable presenting and defending interaction designs to clients, receiving and applying feedback, and producing actionable documentation for designers and developers.
- Gather and understand information about user needs from multiple sources (stakeholder interviews, requirements assessments, functional/other specifications, etc.)
- Translate business requirements into intuitive interface solutions from the perspective of an end-user
- Create/complete IA specifications including site maps, user/process flows, and wireframes for websites and desktop/mobile applications
- Conceptualize and document user personas
- Create comps and other visual design proofs of concept
- Develop clickable prototypes to demonstrate interactivity for internal stakeholders and usability test participants
- Coordinate and participate in user research/usability testing
- Act as the end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
- A portfolio that shows your experience creating data-driven, user-centered design solutions & design innovation
- Knowledge and application of user-centered design approaches and interaction design best practices
- Experience with Agile methodologies (i.e. Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience creating interaction prototypes using a range of prototyping and development methods (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure)
- Exceptional communication skills, including strong presentation skills and the ability to explain complex concepts
- A self-motivated and self-directed work style
- Draw from data, using quantitative analytics and user research to guide your design solutions
- Five or more years as a practicing user experience designer
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and web/desktop application usability design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Life at Metia:
Metia has a down-to-earth and professional approach to marketing and technology that is aligned to a results-oriented work ethic. Our objective is to create and maintain a working atmosphere that is challenging and rewarding.
How To Apply