Structural Design Engineer-Folding Carton Packaging
We are seeking a full-time Structural Designer to work in our St Charles facility, reporting to the Sales Manager but able to complete job assignments with minimal supervision.
This candidate will carry out a variety of moderately complex, to complex design assignments in a fast paced, friendly environment.
1. Assist our sales team with ongoing support for existing customers and assistance with speculative work for potential accounts
2. Generate high quality packaging ideas/solutions for all industries with a primary focus on food, pharmaceutical, fragrance, and health/beauty.
3. Prepare concepts, samples and full comps for customer presentations
4. Work independently to develop structural designs on fiberboard and corrugated substrates
5. Open, flexible and focused
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple projects at once.
7. Because this is a small department, this designer will be responsible for all aspects of keeping the design department of our operation in order (i.e. software updates, sample machine maintenance, sample materials stocked and ordered).
8. Stays informed on industry advances in materials and latest regulations
• 3 years experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging or Industrial Design Degree preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing process
• Strong eye for details
• Competent in sketching ideas
• Self-managing with good communications and organizational skills
• Artios Cad – High Experience Level is a must
• Kongsberg Cutting Table experience a must as this candidate must be proficient in cutting printing blankets as well as sample making
• Experience in Point of Purchase Industry helpful but not required
How to Apply
Please call Jo-Ann Hansen (office) 630-377-1230 (cell) 847-878-8499
Send your resume along with a minimum of 5x samples to: jhansen@CartonCraftinc.com
Please send resume or call Jo-Ann Hansen @ 847-878-8499 between the hours of 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Central Time
How To Apply