Graphic Designer (53361)
3M’s Consumer Business Group is seeking a Graphic Designer for their Global Design Lab located in Maplewood, MN. Ready to be part of what's next?
The person hired for this position will develop, create and execute upon concepts and visual ideas for product, packaging, and various communication vehicles
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform graphics design duties requiring planning, scheduling, and implementation of graphic design projects
- Creation of presentations as sell-in and sell-through tools
- Review design prototypes with applied graphics to ensure proper color and graphic translation
- Develop and design the aesthetics, visual design and/or layout of product artwork, component design, marketing materials and packaging to enhance product image.
- Translate business objectives into creative solutions.
- Brainstorm ideas on creative, execution, and overall design
- Develop design library of patterns and graphics to scale design across several business units
- Interface and partner with Marketing, Lab, Manufacturing and other creative colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in Graphic Design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
- Exceptional attention to detail in graphics, layout, and typography
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong design skills suitable to a corporate environment
- Experience in Flash or video a strong plus
- Demonstrated capabilities of estimating time schedules and working towards aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated flexibility in multiple task assignments while maintaining a high level of accuracy
Location: Maplewood, MN
Relocation: is authorized
About 3M Design:
3M Design is the creative engine driving design for Innovation at 3M. Our global team of diverse talent creates meaningful and consistent brand experiences. By bringing design into the heart of our company, we are able to stimulate collaborative creativity that inspires positive impact for our customers, our employees, and our world. 3M is a global innovation company with $31 billion in sales, employing 89,000 people worldwide with operations in more than 70 countries. Visit us at www.3M.com/design or follow @3MDesign on Twitter.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply