This is a broad and challenging role suitable for an Industrial Designer or Product Designer passionate about developing solutions and experiences that exceed our user’s expectations and make a difference to the lives of those we touch.
Working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers, you will be an integral member of a team responsible for the creative development of meaningful, relevant and engaging solutions across our Flow Generator, Mask, Diagnostic and Software departments.
You will strive to develop simple, elegant solutions that are intuitive to use, beautiful to observe and joyful to engage with. Your solutions will consider manufacturing, assembly, packaging and cost requirements – all of which will present further opportunities for you to demonstrate your ability to problem solve, innovate and deliver system solutions across all user touch points.
User research, journey mapping, form development, app design, packaging design, product development, user testing, and innovative problem solving all form part of the role we need to fill.
• User research and testing – hands on research with our users is key to understanding the issues they face and the problems we need to solve. Testing the solutions we imagine and create is equally, if not more, important and key to your role.
• Aesthetic development – beautiful and engaging forms, finishes and materials that align with our brand and bring a sense of joy to our users. This applies not only to physical forms but also our digital solutions (i.e. apps / web).
• Usability design – we strive to minimise complexity and deliver simple, elegant solutions that align with our users tangible and intangible needs.
• Digital solutions - developing engaging, visually appealing digital interfaces which are intuitive to navigate and bring a sense of joy to our users.
• Negotiating with project stakeholders to ensure that Design objectives are balanced with overall project objectives
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of documentation relating to product design.
• Integrating mechanical components / systems into the product whilst ensuring the design vision is maintained throughout the product development process
• Deciding on the optimal design solutions given often conflicting requirements
Along with a degree qualification in Industrial Design or Product Design and relevant experience you will have:
• Knowledge and experience with product development processes
• Knowledge of materials (mainly polymers) & manufacturing processes (mainly Injection moulding)
• Proficiency with CorelDraw & Adobe Photoshop 2D graphics packages - with some experience in Corel PhotoPaint, Adobe Illustrator (Flash an advantage).
• Moderate to high proficiency in Rhino, preferable
• High proficiency in Pro Engineer (or similar 3D CAD package)
PLEASE INCLUDE A PORTFOLIO AND CV WITH YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE
How To Apply