The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art’s award-winning design team is seeking an inspired and
versatile designer to engage our audiences through visually rich and compelling visual graphics for
the 3D environment, digital platforms, and print. This position is a member of a design team that plays an instrumental role in translating the vision of our expanded institution into a vibrant and cohesive brand.
From concept to implementation, your approach is holistic and inspiring. You love a challenge,
have an eye for detail, work well in a team, and pride yourself on your ability to balance aesthetics, innovation, and versatility.
• Conceptualize and design communications that support museum initiatives and increase
audience engagement through a range of media, including print communications, environmental
graphics, outdoor media, mobile and online media, print and digital publications, e-communications, and in-gallery digital resources.
• Develop creative design solutions, applying a finely tuned sense of typography to all projects. Demonstrate an ability to carry concepts through a series of related projects and/or subsequent
iterations, and the capacity to design materials and experiences that contribute to a cohesive
and vibrant brand.
• Meet with client departments to plan the scope and schedule for individual projects; communicate deadlines, schedules, and production information to all necessary museum departments; attend project meetings as a representative of the SFMOMA Design Studio.
• Schedule, bid, produce and deliver projects within established budgets, on time, while maintaining museum quality standards. Ability to manage time appropriately, prioritizing projects within a moderate to heavy workload.
• Undergraduate degree in design or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of one to five years experience in a design office or equivalent.
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Demonstrated experience designing for responsive web and print.
For the full job description go to:
You will need an online portfolio and a cover letter.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.