Bring your dog to work! Outward Hound, a world leader in the pet products industry, is searching for an industrial designer to join our "woof pack". As a member of our multidisciplinary team, you will be charged with designing world-class dog and cat products that delight and enhance the lives of pets and pet parents.
We are looking for a team member with exceptional design skills combined with the ability to manage projects from concept through to manufacture. Attributes we value include curiosity, creativity, self-governance, and the ability to effectively collaborate with our group.
Description: Responsible for translating rough new product concepts into viable product platforms and seeing them through to manufacture and commercialization.
• Work alongside marketing, engineering and design leads to maximize creative output, and assist with day to day product development operations.
• Take the ball and run with it – start with an idea and make it better.
• Engage in research and reporting of insights.
• Work with team to expose areas of exploration and generate concepts.
• Translate concepts into viable product platforms.
• Maintain design continuity through to manufacture.
• Sketch product ideas, build hand mock-ups and manage rapid prototypes.
• Assist with material testing, research and documentation. Develop accurate Solidworks CAD files and maintain revision control.
• Create product specifications, bid packages and internal communication documents, keeping all current through commercialization.
• Manage retail audits and document in-store POG and pricing activity.
• A BFA or BS in Industrial Design related field is a must.
• Ideally, 2 years of working experience in Product Design or Product Development.
• Professional experience in consumer products, in particular toy design.
• Able to work independently as well as with a team.
• Able to work under pressure as well as under extremely tight deadlines.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional at concept sketching and product renderings.
• Must display an eagerness to learn and a willingness to accept constructive criticism and thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Understanding of basic manufacturing methods is a plus.
• Proficiency in Solidworks .
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power-Point.
To apply: Please submit your resume, salary requirements and a link or copy of your portfolio to this post. Please include a brief cover letter telling us how you "Raise the Woof" everyday.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.